Electric Sea Fury

Well still waiting for the weather to co-incide with a pass out but it looks good for this evening. I have added the spinner, it blanks off a good bit of the motor, the spinner is 4" and the motor.... well it isn't anywhere near that, so it is shielded from cooling air. If this first 4 minute flight goes okay I will add cooling tubes to feed the motor. I will recharge and measure how much goes back in. The next flight times will be adjusted accordingly. At 1kw then my pack should last for 3.5 minutes if i flew full throttle the whole time. But I wont be doing that ........ I hope

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/26349/DSC_8661_(Large).JPG

Spinner needs to be another inch I reckon

Hi Chris...fitting it semi temporarily to the model with a bit of velcro - logger strapped to outside too - had to re-wire the ESC and UBEC etc, and also been busy on other stuff today

Programming the new cheapy 50A ESC ( £9 from a UK supplier ) has been a pain..and the 2s setting LVC doesnt work...will probably use nicad setting and fool it into thinking there is 8 nixx cells which should give me about 7.5V cut off.

Well the Fury is determined not to fly.

As I was wheeling her towards the runway, I must have caught the retract switch on the Tx just momentarily, any way it was enough to start the gear retracting, once the entire weight of the model was on a partially retracted leg gravity stripped the gears in the servo. The wheels would neither go up nor down and I could n't even lock them down to fly.

So its another servo for me, and another unsuccesful attempt at flying the Fury

Well the Fury had two flights this morning with the undercarriage locked down. Unfortunately the video innadvertently got overwritten

The first flight was very uneventful, it is not overpowered but after a three minute flight only 700Mah had been used. So re-charged and went for a more spirited 3 minute flight with a loop and a roll. still only used 1200, so 8 minutes sedate, or six minutes easily with a few aeros.

Fulll flap landing was so slow it was gorgous, almost a three point landing right at my feet. I should have known that a landing that good must not have been captured on film the benefit of only being 8lbs.

Anyway the Fury flies really well, did some lovely high speed low passes.

Chris suffered a problem on his DH88 and it spun in from a great height, so although a good day for the Fury a very sad day for Chris's Comet, and it flew so nicely too. Really sorry to see it Chris.

I will do a final total on the costings when I get a chance.

Here is flight 2 Eagle tree

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/26349/fury_2nd_flight.JPG

Average current 15A 45A peak, 1000 watts peak, Average 329 watts

Oh thats very bad news Chris Trust the post mortem will be published on here - very sad.

Well don e Danny on the Sea Fury... I have just finished uploading a few pictures of our fly-in to image shack, and will post them alter toinight - see, you guys should have come here, then the crash would not have happened.

I have also just downloaded the leccy wattys first eagle logged flight.... disappointing in some ways - only managed 8 mins before the packs were obviously very low and I had to land smartish. No data yet, will try and post over on the wotty thread later tonight.

I have noticed though on recharging when I got home ( rained off AGAIN!  ) only 1657ma went back in ....and this is a 4000 ma pack which went pretty well flat as a pancake on me in flight ?