Hangar Rash

FWAL

If you are of a sensitive disposition you'd better look away, what you are about to witness could be very disturbing.

It's such a shame to see these once lovingly constructed, pristine models being left to rot. There's a Catalina???, Leopard Moth, A4 Dutton perhaps a DH Vampire and Sunderland???.

a4 dutton.jpg

catalina?.jpg

seaplane.jpg

vampire?.jpg

no idea.jpg

leopard moth fuse.jpg

leopard moth cockpit.jpg

leopard moth instrument panel.jpg

swansrea aeromodellers emblem?.jpg

I hope this wasn't too upsetting! The person who now owns these once wonderful models intends to keep them, restore and fly them with his son. Somehow I get the very sad gut feeling that that will never happen.

On a more positive note his gliders have faired much better. Weather permitting we will be flying a few over the Christmas break and next year.

Edited By FWAL on 14/12/2014 13:46:30

Advert

looks about 1/4 scale,ish from the angle its photo'd on the edge of a bench I thought, and it looks more of a vintage style model than an Auster anyhoo. unless the u/c in front of it sewed to a bit of ply is 5ft square!!

cj

Edited By ceejay on 15/12/2014 13:19:17

Edited By ceejay on 15/12/2014 13:20:44

Do you think the smaller seaplane G-LDLR could be a Dornier Do 18?

The little fuse floats aren't fitted but were laying around and the engine/wing mount and wing look of similar shape. Or am I clutching at straws.

dornier do18-d1-6s.jpg

What I thought could be a Vampire is more likely to be a Fokker G1?

fokker g1 in flight 3.jpg

Posted by FWAL on 18/12/2014 13:36:29:

It's on a guano covered roof of a VW Golf. The fuse is approx 36"-38" long

And I thought that was Guano cobered earth floor!!!!!!

Still think the twin boom jobbie looks like a Vampire...  I cant see any engine mountings on the front of the wing LE

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 18/12/2014 15:23:03

Whoever built those that many years ago was at the top of the game for the period. The Leopard / Puss moth has folding wings and opening doors, plus the ducted fan Vampire looks to have retractable main legs fitted!! I'd love to save one of those, the first one is a beauty!!

Ian.