Found in a Field

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/01/2015 23:39:46:

You wouldn't want a bunch of those guys on your club strip - I have enough trouble with moles!teeth 2

Pete

We do have a guy who regularly goes "hunting" on our flying field! But a quick chat has secured an agreement not to go digging on the strip! Though we do occasionally find holes in the pits and surrounding area! I just wish he'd think about filling them in again afterwards - he just digs the hole and leaves it!

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/01/2015 10:48:50:

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/01/2015 23:39:46:

You wouldn't want a bunch of those guys on your club strip - I have enough trouble with moles!teeth 2

Pete

We do have a guy who regularly goes "hunting" on our flying field! But a quick chat has secured an agreement not to go digging on the strip! Though we do occasionally find holes in the pits and surrounding area! I just wish he'd think about filling them in again afterwards - he just digs the hole and leaves it!

BEB

You can tell him to stop digging, someone found his bag of coins...... see OP

Up the lane from me, a fellow Brit is building a house on a plot of land. His is the one with the white slab. He being a model flyer as well, I convinced him that he really needs a diversion from building once in a while, so for the past year, I've been mowing him a strip in his field (in the foreground) for his future flying - when his SWMBO finally lets him...... smile:

pnk 240514.jpg

About three weeks ago, the field was visited twice over three nights by a herd of wild boar - they picked the nicely mown strip to uproot, of course - it was so much easier than the surrounding pasture. I don't know how many of you have seen what wild boar do but they use their tusks to tear up the ground to a depth of up to 6" in their search for morsels and roots.

About 50% of the strip has been utterly destroyed - far too much for the divots to be replaced by hand.

It's enough to make you weep......crying 2

Pete