Which Sebart Kit?

Advert

Having looked into them myself , the only thing different is "Bling", then i didnt buy any of them.....if you do go for one -

try here or here.for best price - although the Angel is still a better flyer from what i found.....now this will cause a debate......no i havent flown that one either...

The FMS Olympus is indeed very good and a cost effective option but at the end of the day is foam which may or may not be an issue for you. Arguably the stock set up is a little too aggressive but amazing value.

I have not flown the Mythos 50 but have flown both the Wind s50 and the Angel s50 If you can find one go for the Angel every time it is better than the Wind 50. IMO and the mythos is really a wind with canaliser.

The Miss wind is great but if you intend to compete you will have to fly in windy conditions and the Miss Wind biplane can be a handful in a crosswind.

Will send you a pm also

The cost of Sebart models is high but I have flown two of them: the Katana 50e and the Sebach 342 50e, the former ic the latter electric. In both cases the models are excellent. I have over 180 flights with the Katana, flew the Sebach at the RC Hotel in Corfu and recognised immediately the similar excellent flying qualities. As a consequence I am in the process of assembling a brand new Sebach 50E that will be powered by an OS 75AX like the Katana...

Whilst at the RC Hotel I saw another guest frequently fly his own Angel 50E (electric) and it was a superb flyer.

All the models can do 3D as well as pattern aerobatics if that is your thing...so if its affordable I would definitely recommend one of the Sebart kits and probably the Angel in the choice your are deliberating over....we pay our money and we take our choices

Posted by Michael Whiting on 15/02/2015 13:26:25:

Hi

I am looking to start pattern flying and am interested in either a Sebart Mythos 50e or a Sebart Miss Wind S 50.

Has anyone flown both and what do you prefer?

Regards

Michael Whiting

I have no advise to offer but am very interested to hear what others say because I am in the same position as you. My search is complicated by wanting IC only which seems to go against the trend these days.

What about this HK Ionos suggests electric only but assume this could be converted to IC just like the Monolog/Angel??

Masher - see my comments above. I fly the Katana on an OS75AX and it is wonderful. The soon to be completed Sebach will also be powered by an OS 75AX two stroke and I expect it will be the same. Even though the 50E models from Sebart were designed for an OS55AX there is so much room inside the cowling that fitting 40% more engine presents no problems and no balancing problems either.

The ic conversion kits for the 50e models can be hard to source so if you go down this route and can't find one contact me - I have made my own up without any difficulty.

Jon

Edited By Jon Laughton on 15/02/2015 17:19:23

I must admit I did start looking at the FMS F3A but I've never been to keen on EPO models for accurate flying, ok for a quick chuck in the air in my view.

I prefer Sebart because I have heard nothing but praise for Sebart kits build quality and flight.

At the moment I am swayed toward a Mythos but am still open to persuasion.

Although I don't have personal experience of the models in the OP I do have two Sebart models; The Shark and an Angel S30e.

In both cases the build quality is very good and the flight qualities truly excellent. Set up as per the manual both models flew off the board and didn't need any trim. When I get round to buying a larger pattern type plane another Sebart will be at top of the list.

If you have the dosh and don't mind to spend it, the Sebart models are worth every penny in my very humble opinion.

I recently went through the same debate myself and in the end opted for the Angel 50e.

In my case it was influenced by the Angel taking standard size servos & I had 4 high quality servos sitting doing nothing. I would have needed new servos if I had opted for a Wind or Mythos & that would have added considerably to the cost.

I got mine from Dumfries Model Flying who were excellent.

Hi

I'm not sure - I assume it was if bought with a power set.

Chris sorted a pre used Axi 4120/20 and new ESC + connectors + prop and nose cone. I added an extra prop and servo linkage to go for 2x elevator servos. All for a very good price.

The Axiome is EP only.

I went for electric to make sure the weight distribution did not alter when in flight, giving consistent response.

Mike

Thanks.

I did eventually find the details of the Combo set on the site - motor & ESC

Sounds like the best thing is to ring Chris if I proceed with this route

After a lot of thought I think I will go electric for my first model of this type, I have plenty of other IC models

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW I have always been a big fan of the Angel 50, had 3, all electric powered with recommended setups. After dumb thumbing my last Angel into the ground during a low level snap I decided to try the Mytho 50. I maidened yesterday and it is as good as the Angel in all areas and slightly superior in rudder control at low speeds, e.g. stall turns.

Downsides are cost and some fit issues, all easily overcome but not expected on a model of this quality.

Overall I am actually delighted with the Mytho but still think the Angel is probably the better but if you can find one at a good price. And neither Angel, Wind or Mytho are much good at 3D. If that is your main interest get an EF 60" airframe or PA if you like them really floaty (I don't).