Spray painting tape

Advert

Hi Iqon, Paints really can be a nightmare, because of all the types available. It really looks like youve got a mix of two types. Also, I'd never use cheap paints. Find a good quality system, and stick to it. I find that acrylics are best

I always try a sample on a wee hidden corner

I reckon that the only solution for you is a lot of elbow grease and ever finer sandpaper

ernie

iqon, really surprised by that, unusual for two paints from the same range to react. I've done a quick Google and not found other issues and also downloaded the data sheet and nothing looked obvious to me. The only thing that struck me was £4 seemed cheap for 400ml, maybe worth paying the extra for Halfords acrylics etc?

Posted by trebor on 07/04/2015 17:42:03:
Posted by iqon on 07/04/2015 16:48:56:

both colours are supadec spray paint

Was that spray paint out of cans or mixed paint through a spray gun ?

from can.......and used as directed.....

Posted by Sam Wragg on 07/04/2015 19:11:55:

Ive seen this before and it's when another coat is applied outside the curing stage window of the previous coat

could it be because the base coat at its curing stage And because of this its reacted with the top coat.

Good luck

Sam

Agree with that . Some paint types are really critical with re-coat times.

Was used as directed and out of the curing stage - having used both the 6mmTamiya tape and the 24mm frog tape my conclusion is that for a perfect edge with no bleed the Tamiya tape is far better. For me it worked 100% and gave me a professional finish. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the frog tape, but it was a lot easier to use the frog tape for all the masking off.