Multiplex Rockstar

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Posted by cymaz on 18/03/2015 06:33:30:

I could have sworn that I saw smoke coming out of the bottom of the fuselage in a couple of shots...have a look! Someone tell me please.

Edited By cymaz on 18/03/2015 06:34:00

Yep, but Multiplex have used smoke cartridges on their models in several promotional videos.

Hello , not advertising...but I would like to share with you my thoughts and feelings related to rc flying, not the building, only the satisfaction of RC flying .
It is possible that this is a consequence of my maturity (read old) but the biggest pleasure to me, in the last time, provide a models: EasyGlider, Fun Cub and Solius .... I know these are all models made from foam and from the famous manufacturer, and do not want this to be advertisements for the above mentioned company
I believe that some of my colleagues on this forum feel the same.
Thank you for your attention with the best wishes
Jo

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 18/03/2015 10:52:28

It's what the Gemini should have been from day 1. thumbs up

Anyway, I think it looks very good and I especially like the ply motor mount and motor stand-offs. Having looked at the video a few times, I think it's the legendary magic smoke that's been released and not any form of pyrotechnics. Surely they'd have chosen a nice bright colour smoke to emphasise the feature, and shown more of it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Multiplex RockStar - save your money - Dogfighter yes, Gemini Yes, but lousy performance with the extremely heavy Rockstar. Maybe better with a more powerful motor, but seriously upset at the waste of money. Yes I did buy a Funcopter - given away, and a SkyCat - crashed very early on...

Gemini x 3, Twinstar x 2, EasyStar x 2, FunCub x 1, Dogfighter x 1. RockStar - rubbish. I know this won't be allowed, but maybe the moderator won't waste his money.

No more Multiplex for me, I'm afraid.

Posted by Philip Vince 1 on 22/09/2015 17:10:13:

Gemini x 3, Twinstar x 2, EasyStar x 2, FunCub x 1, Dogfighter x 1. RockStar - rubbish. I know this won't be allowed, but maybe the moderator won't waste his money.

No more Multiplex for me, I'm afraid.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you're being a tad harsh about the Rockstar and you missed Multiplex's pièce de résistance off your list, the amazing 'Funjet'. If you haven't tried one you're really missing out on a truly versatile model. By that I mean it can be built so light as to be flown indoors, modified to take a small gas turbine or EDF, or simply powered by its recommended power plant and the ubiquitous 2200mAh 3s battery. It's appearance belie it's handling qualities.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Glad you reminded me about the Funjet - Oh yes, I bought a Funjet Ultra, I think it a lot of money with the tuning set up, and oh yes, when it landed, it broke it's tail off. Very quick indeed, but so horrible to fly, I gave it away....

BTW, stalled the RockStar, bent the shaft, wheels ripped off - not much glue so hardly surprising - need a new motor. 42mm motors difficult to find. Maybe I should try the standard FunJet? Like I said - no more MPX for me.

Ho Hum...

• 3 months later...