Hello from Sri Lanka.

I am from Sri lanka, 69yrs., having a good experience in building and flying model planes, the first being a Free Flight flown in mid 1960's. Out of my collection I fly mosty the Playboy Sr., powered with a OS F-60 open rocker, a 1/4 scale gass powered Piper Cub, A Vega Termik glider fitted with an electric motor and a converted Gasser Trex 700 in a Hughes 500 Fuse. I have already ordered the CNC complete kit Slingsby T-31M from My Hobby store. I would appreciate if some one could kindly e-mail me a copy of the featured article of the T-31M, as with experience, I know the value of having in hand an article written by the designer.

Advert

Posted by cymaz on 03/04/2015 06:07:47:

Ed, not the article you wanted but a build thread

Any good?

I was surfing through the internet in search of a build thread without any success, hence did some inquiry about the article. The build thread is showing almost every thing I might need for the construction. Thank you very much for sending me the link.

Edward.

Hi Edward.

I will dig out the Slingsby article when I am on the old computer and send it. as an attachment Just the text but you have the build blog for pictures.

You will need a little more down thrust than shown on the plan and you will need a .40 Surpass. The old original OS 40FS was not really powerful enough. I don't care what that build blog says.You do need the .40 Surpass. MInd you his model was a lot lighter than mine.

PM me your email address. for the article

Edited By Peter Miller on 03/04/2015 08:59:49

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 02/04/2015 22:04:47:

Welcome from Manchester.... we share a similar climate I think sarcastic

The reason why it rains so much in Manchester is that at our side of The Pennines, in God's county, we only need enough rain to grow the grass on the cricket pitch and to brew beer. Who are we to argue with the Almighty, with regards to where he dumps the excess ? wink 2