Blackbushe Model airshow 16 may 2015

the forecast was right - a warm sunny day, although rather a brisk cross-wind across the runway. sunny enough that I've come home rather pink

I had a good wander around the vendor stands & came home with a SLEC electric Limbo Dancer for a good price, which I may do as a build blog - my first kit build in 25 years

lots of good flying displays including Ali Machinchy doing his thing with various models

& I ran into JohnP of this parish, which was nice

some not-terribly-good phone-camera pictures:

Ali Machinchy Yak-11 with Moki 400cc 5-cylinder 4-stroke radial

20150516_160527.jpg

Ali Machinchy Air-C-Race L-29 turbine

20150516_160536.jpg

big Lanc

20150516_145752.jpg

big Spit

20150516_145818.jpg

big Hurricane

20150516_145809.jpg

F-16 & Typhoon turbines, & a 1/2-scale 7m motor glider

20150516_160353.jpg

66% model of a 98% full-size replica of a Bucker Jungmeister - not as bad as it looks

20150516_164708.jpg

see

20150516_164716.jpg

Yes, a good day, and good to see Andy again. I've come back with far too many photos, I'll post some when I've sorted them out!

Not sure why the sky was an un-natural blue colour, or what that bright orange globe in the sky was, but I seem to have returned home rather 'pinker' than I was beforehand too! smile d

I agree, it was a great day. The cross-wind was quite strong at the start but dropped slightly and the sun came out. I also came home with a rather pink face. I wasn't keen on the commentator I'm afraid...

I didn't see a single crash all day, excellent.

Here is a pic of the Bishops demonstrating their thrust vectoring. Not a good photo but you get the idea.

2015-05-16 16.07.39.jpg

There were a f​ew commentators during the day, but I know which one Andy is referring and completely agree.. Prop hanging turbines, submarine spitfire amongst other bloopers Wasn't it boys and girls. Give him a few years and he'll be as bad as DB Sound.

​I am just glad the chap flying high speed passes with that blue turbine didn't succumb to the Lower, lower, lower ' until he plowed it in. Brilliant flying in quite a gusty sidewind from all the pilots.

​I wish I was only pink, very stupid, no hat, completely lobstered my head and suffering badly.

Edited By Kevin Wilson on 17/05/2015 09:50:29

Posted by simon barr on 17/05/2015 08:46:59:

Is the big yellow thing not Steve Holland's AeroKot...?

Yes, Steve flew the AeroKot (I think that's what it's called) The big yellow/orange thing that puzzled me turns out to be the sun. Haven't seen it for a while... smile d

Have to agree about the (main) commentator, he didn't half spout some rubbish at times. Though he was technically correct saying there's only one Lancaster flying in the world, but only if you take into account the BBMF one being temporarily grounded following the recent engine fire - but I'm sure that's not what he meant! He'd never heard of the Folland Gnat - the aircraft that the Red Arrows flew before the Hawk, and thought it was spelt Knat. And swept-back wings are not the same as a delta wing... Many more bloopers too that I don't recall at the moment.

But certainly a very good day - the Bishops' "prop-hanging" jets were excellent and it's always good to see what the Paritech guys have brought over to display. Excellent flying from Ali as always with a variety of aircraft, and the big Lancaster (was it Steve Holland's?) looked great.

Edited By John Privett on 17/05/2015 10:21:05

Yes that's the one I meant John.

I saw Steve Holland dismantling the Lanc later so I imagine it was his. Certainly nice to see it flying with the Spit and Hurricane.

As you said, Ali was excellent as always, I snapped one of his low runs that seemed to last almost the whole length of the runway!

2015-05-16 15.32.03.jpg

Posted by john stones 1 on 17/05/2015 16:36:16:

Looks like you had a great day ladshot like the look of Ali's Yak, any video available ?

John

I didn't take my video camera this year, but I have a bit of video shot on my DSLR. It's not as easy to shoot with as the video camera, though the technical quality is better - it's just rather more difficult to keep it pointing in the right direction!

Anyway, I have some video of Ali's Yak - and it sounds superb. Also the Bishops' "prop-hanging" jets. I'll need to do a quick edit before lobbing it onto youtube, I won't have a chance to do it tomorrow evening, maybe Tuesday?

First batch of my vids from being on the flightline all day at the Show...and flying my Eurofighter on the 3 mixed jet slots...

Dom (Essential RC)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/essentialRC

Edited By Dom (Essential RC on YouTube and Facebook) on 18/05/2015 08:28:54

Edited By Dom (Essential RC on YouTube and Facebook) on 18/05/2015 08:29:06

Al good stuff but did anyone notice the scrapped cars being literally grabbed and chucked on lorries??

Some of them were better than the car I drive. And they left glass everywhere.

I nearly made an offer on a really clean looking 52 plate Peugeot 206.