Plan enlargement

Hi all, looking for some help!

I have a plan for 57" model at around 1/5 scale, I would like to enlarge to give me a 1/4 scale off the same plan... Is there a straight forward formula to use to acheive this?

My guess is I will probably need to go to a print shop to get this done as it is not in a format on my PC but a printed plan.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, yes

Advert

Thanks all, I will go online and see what I can get locally and watch out too for the topics mentioned.

Been handy for me to sort this one out as I have a few plans I have similar thoughts on!

Cheers one and all for the assistance yes

The calculator way to scale up plans is to put the required size into the calculator and then divide by the size measured off plan. The resulting figure is the factor you use to multiply every dimension. You can put this figure into the calculator as a constant to save keep typing it in. And of course put it in with many decimal places if you are scaling up a tiny magazine plan to fullsize. 

Note that the balsa sizes may need adjusting to get the required strength and then may need to be amended to utilise standard sizes.

If a plan is scanned to a pdf it can be printed 'tiled' in many sheets of A4 paper on your home printer.. Try adjusting print size to 'Poster'  and scale to 100percent in Adobe Reader (Acrobat.) then it's a case of sellotaping it all together! Of course you don't always need to print the whole plan, perhaps just the formers might suffice.

Edited By kc on 25/06/2015 19:50:29

Derick at the link posted by David Burrows above is THE go to place for plan enlargement. He has done a couple for me, one in really poor condition, very orange paper and faded ink. The result were absolutely first class and his prices are unbeatable (unless you happen to work nights somewhere with a large photocopier

Hi guys, Thanks for the extra information, I had drawn a blank locally so was looking to post off too someone. I will make contact with Derick as noted above and get on with my project.. might do a few and get some bits ready for winter project...

Me organised.. perish the thought!

Good weekends flying to all! yes