Soda Blasting

Stevo

Nothing to do withPaul Hollywood and his beloved bread.

I saw Mr Winch introduced thesubject last week in the magazine - I did email him but he gave nothing away!

I'm now armed with a compressor, blow gun, 5kg tub of Sodium BiCarbonate and an Enya 90 FS. Will report back by the weekend: -

Advert

Posted by Stevo on 01/07/2015 10:14:48:

Nothing to do withPaul Hollywood and his beloved bread.

I saw Mr Winch introduced thesubject last week in the magazine - I did email him but he gave nothing away!

I'm now armed with a compressor, blow gun, 5kg tub of Sodium BiCarbonate and an Enya 90 FS. Will report back by the weekend: -

Hi Stevo . Block all the threaded holes before blasting. As any blasting agent can clogg in them and is a so and so to remove.

E.D.

"Hi Stevo . Block all the threaded holes before blasting. As any blasting agent can clogg in them and is a so and so to remove."

Well with baking soda, a rinse in hot water is all that's needed

Hopefully I'll do this on Saturday... and if it does not work, it can clean my teeth, cure my mouth ulcers, and give me anice relaxing bath !

A little while ago I bought a "spot blaster" from Aldi. A small shot lasting gun intended for small areas. It was less than twenty quid, it might even have been only fifteen. Guess I'll give it a try on Soda. What I like is the idea of water soluble media, saves a lot of hassle getting grit out of drill holes.

Shaunie.