Cruiser, November 2015 Free Pull out plan

Richard Harris

More shim and negative will increase spin up but there is a trade as it will kill lift, head at 5 could be OK , more back tilt will help but affect trim. Set hand angle as plan approx 16 degrees then do the test hops to trim head angle. If plenty of lift from blades you could consider a little more shim.If you do just watch for the reduction in lift...

This is the fun part of autos , trimming needs adjustment of several things to get that sweet spot..... Maybe that's why many try and struggle to start .... Great fun and rewarding tho .......

Steve

I had the pleasure of meeting Brian today at his field, considering that this was his first ever plan built model and heat shrink covering job he has made a fantastic job of his Cruiser. Infact, I was embarrassed to get mine out of the boot of my car embarrassed

We soon had the model in the air with very little trim correction needed, the blades spun up without a problem. Using the technique Steve Jones explained they were whistling within a few feet.

I passed the transmitter to Brians 'mode 1' clubmate Barry who carried on with the flight, I managed to snap a couple of shots but the light wasn't very good. The model had several flights during the afternoon until the light faded where we moved into the club hut for a cuppa.

A good afternoons worth of flying and a big thanks from me for the invite thumbs up

No excuses now not to come along to our autogyro fly-ins now wink 2

Richimg_7341.jpg

img_7363.jpg

img_7391.jpg

img_7396.jpg

A few shots taken today

All OK and flying again. That picture shows the fuz after it was repaired just prior to covering.

I smashed the fuz into many pieces, between the motor mount and the servos.

Well Rich ,I simply just lost it...plain stupid on my part....I zigged, when I should have zagged....or was it zagged when I should have zigged. It's all getting a bit confusing these days.wink

Happy Landings

Chris...

Chris,

It's not the first time and it certainly wont be the last time will happen to all of us. If it makes you feel better my bigger version is in need of repair after taking a tail strike in the week.

Rich,

If you need a canopy let me know? there's bound to be the odd bottle or two kicking around over the festive period wink 2

Rich

Rich

Thanks for the offer...but not a problem.. Canopy not damaged

It's a funny thing about repairing.....once I have gotten over the fact that I have damaged a model.....I quite enjoy bringing the model back to a flying condition........so as far as I'm concerned...you should think your self lucky that you have some thing to play with.cheeky

Chris...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've decided to join in the fun and build a Cruiser.

The only difference with mine is that its going to be powered by infernal combustion for a change

ic Cruiser

I've decided on an OS 25 only because I've got one looking for a home . Unfortunatly it was a bit wide for the fuz so its all been scaled up x1.2.

Taking Richs' advice I will beef up the front end a tad. I plan to make a hatch in the lower fuz behind the mast as I will probably have to put the rx battery back there to get the hang right .

Cheers

Rich

Posted by Richard Elliot on 14/01/2016 16:15:02:

Rich

F1 has been made using birch ply instead of liteply. Fuselage side reinforcment is 1mm bich ply and 3m lite ply. 13mm hard triangluar stock has been added where ever I can get it, this will be put in the mast bay as well.

tank bay.jpg

What do you reckon ?

Rich

Looks bullet proof Rich smile

Went flying this morning for the first time this year, crumbs it was cold but near dam perfect weather for flying. Flew my Cruiser several times but had to throw the towel in when I couldn't feel my thumbs or toes!

Roll on the warmer weather.

Rich

Looking great Rich..

Took my Cruiser out in the sun today to properly maiden and test..

All went well with no trim changes.. Fantastic model with great control and in particular rudder. Started on 10x 4.75 which was not enough, changed to 11x5.5 which was better.

Took some video, which I am not sure how to post on here. Search Utube for 'Cruiser Autogyro SJ..'

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 16/01/2016 18:06:05

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 16/01/2016 18:11:39