TJD Models anyone else have issues with these people

Hi all

I am having issues with an order from tjdmodels.com in Dartford.

I placed an order for 3 items but they only supplied 1, claiming a stock error for the rest. After waiting some time I heard nothing from them and had bought the missing items elsewhere asking for the remainder to be cancelled and a refund made.

So far they have ignored all my requests,

Anyone else had bad dealing with this lot.

I have now asked PayPal to refund my payment, but should not have had to do this.

Thanks

I have dealt with them a couple of times - not extensively but now and then. I have to say I've not encountered any problems. But as they say, maybe you only really find out the quality of a company when something does go wriong and they have to fix it. All my orders with them have been straight forward, everything was in stock and delivered promptly, so there was no cause to "test their mettle" as it were!

BEB

Finally got my refund from them, but only after I asked PayPal to investigate.

They claimed they never got any of my e.mails, which might have been believable if I only sent one and only sent from one account. but I also sent them from their own website contact form.

Someone obviously dropped the ball on this one and no one will hold their hands up.

I shall avoid doing internet shopping with these people from now on. Which is a shame as they are a local (ish) dealer and we don't have too many of those around here in (Sunny) Kent any more.

Posted by Paul Harris 5 on 17/10/2015 11:49:34:

Finally got my refund from them, but only after I asked PayPal to investigate.

They claimed they never got any of my e.mails, which might have been believable if I only sent one and only sent from one account. but I also sent them from their own website contact form.

Someone obviously dropped the ball on this one and no one will hold their hands up.

I shall avoid doing internet shopping with these people from now on. Which is a shame as they are a local (ish) dealer and we don't have too many of those around here in (Sunny) Kent any more.

Unfortunately, despite previous threads on this, this appears to be typical ...

They are my LMS too secret

I've always had mixed service when I visit, sometimes they are very talkative, sometimes I don't even get the time of day. I've emailed them a couple of times asking whether they have a certain item, albeit a small widget or a model, and I've never had a reply.

However when I have rung, they are quite curteous and reserve items for me. I've never bought anything on line from them as it's cheaper to go there!!

Yes I know it too. No Panic, I'll be a New Man when I visit there no doubt. I've used that shop too, and the service has been extraordinary, I've even had deliveries by hand on a Sunday afternoon!!

However the traffic is usually bad on that route blush

Edited By Stevo on 17/10/2015 18:07:47

Posted by Stevo on 17/10/2015 18:06:46:

Yes I know it too. No Panic, I'll be a New Man when I visit there no doubt. I've used that shop too, and the service has been extraordinary, I've even had deliveries by hand on a Sunday afternoon!!

However the traffic is usually bad on that route blush

Edited By Stevo on 17/10/2015 18:07:47

laugh

I've only used TJD at show with no problems. Been biting my tongue before responding but personally I find it a bit aggressive to call any firm "these people". I appreciate the annoyance of no contacts but surely a bit of civility both ways would help in situations like this at the start of a grievance dispute. Just my personal view.

John

I seem to have problems with everyone ay the mo,placed 4 large orders yesterday with different but well known suppliers,one i couldnt get pass checkout stage and two phoned to tell me they out of stock,TJD was one of them,very helpful with many appolligys(how do you spell app...)the 4th text me to say it will be with tommorrow,good ole hobbyking.if companys are going to advertize products it would be nice if they actually had them in stock,just seems to happen to me a lot,im calm now,moan over,the bright side,ive still got lots of money.