Which designer would you prefer to base your 2016 Mass Build on?

Advert

If this does indeed turn into a celebration of PM and his designs (and it looks very likely), then my decison has been made for me, for 3 years ago at the Nats I bought the plans and laser cut kit for the T31M and it has sat there ever since looking not so lonely in the corner, about time I got around to it smile p

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 04/11/2015 15:17:12:

If this does indeed turn into a celebration of PM and his designs (and it looks very likely), then my decison has been made for me, for 3 years ago at the Nats I bought the plans and laser cut kit for the T31M and it has sat there ever since looking not so lonely in the corner, about time I got around to it smile p

Unless another 46 people arrive between now and the weekend and voted for one of the other top two en masse then it' will be a Peter Miller build for sure.

John F

100 votes and PM at 56%. I waited for the maths to become easy! How does 56 compare with last years entry at this stage. Possibly a number of people who didn't vote for PM still might join in once things have been settled. Once the discussions start in earnest about which model(s) are going to be pinned out on the building board more might follow. I hope this is going in a very good direction and the celebration will reinforce the commitment.

Levanter, the interest has been far greater than the previous two years, according to what I can see with the votes cast, (despite what one person thought last week) although, as BeB says, the number of people who do the blogs and arrive at Greenacres could be less.

Having said that I believe with the universal popularity of the idea of a Peter Miller build it may well end up with a very large gathering at Greenacres, as folk join in, which can only be a good thing.

Posted by mightypeesh on 04/11/2015 16:36:47:

"I am tempted to do an enlarged CAP... say 1.4142135623730950488016887242097 times bigger"

Is it worth doing with such a slap-dash approach to precision? wink

Cheers, Simon

Ha ha

OK the magic number is the Square Root of 2, i.e. the multiplication factor required to double the area of a model. Conveniently, its also the area ratio between A4 and A3, so scan at A4, print at A3 and you have a 1.4142135623730950488016887242097 x bigger model..

(Approximately)

Edited By Martyn K on 05/11/2015 13:19:33