Ballerina Woodpacks and discount information

We're treating you this Mass Build... there are four different packs for you to choose from -

• First is the CNC Parts Pack (Code - RCME523). This is the typical standard CNC parts set. This is priced at £57.04.

• Wood Pack (Code - RCME524). This is the additional wood pack containing all the wood you'll need for the Ballerina. This is priced at £29.22.

• Ribs & Wing Tip CNC parts only (Code - RCME525). This is purely the ribs and wing tip. This is priced at £22.64.

• Accessories pack (Code - RCME526). This includes Pre-bent Undercarriage, Elevator joiner & tail skid. This is priced at £24.26.

All these items will go live tonight at 1am (for all the night owls) or will be up tomorrow morning for everyone else!

As this is for the Mass Build, I've also organised a unique discount. Therefore, when buying any of these four Ballerina items if you enter massbuild2016 in the discount box at the checkout, you will receive 10% discount on all these items.

Happy building!

Craig, I think you have saved money -the cost of all the balsa, ply & spruce ACTUALLY needed according to my material list ( if my estimate and calculation is right ) would be £42.09 plus post if you bought from SLEC and very similar if bought from Balsa Cabin. ( you wisely bought some extra I think )

The piano wire would come to £4.11 extra or £2.62 for just the 8SWG if you already have scraps of 14 & 16SWG for the elevator joiner & skid.

My costing is based on buying the minimum size SLEC supply. For example buying a 300mm by 300mm piece of 6mm birch ply when you really only need 80mm by 110mm. ( you could laminate from spare 3mm ) Or buying 36 inches of dowel when you only need 2 inches and buying a full sheet of 1/2 when you only need half a sheet. So most people will be able to find these small bits in stock or have plenty left for other models. My estimate is also based on the most economical use of materials as I explained.

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday spirit/hope had me go to the web store to see about purchasing a wood pack and, perhaps, an accessory pack for the Ballerina. What the heck, man, a discount, the fun of building along, etc. Let's see, woodpack...54.99GBP...check. Accessory kit...24.99GBP...check. Shipping to the USA...104.99GBP...WHAT???!!! I'd be ok with the kit riding in the cargo section of the plane on it's way over, no need to purchase a seat for it to sit in.

Has anyone considered working with an established kit-cutter here in the US to make these kits MUCH more reasonably priced to ship? Manzano, for example, has a long history of working with design owners to do exactly this. As it is, while I'm happy to pay the price for the wood parts kit (and probably even the accessory kit...I HATE bending gear) there's no way I'm going to enrich the postal services to the tune of $150+ to have it brought over.

Absent such a sop to your overseas readers I am left having to decide whether to cut my own parts or not if I wish to participate. I have the equipment to do so, I just don't get the charge out of doing so that others do. To me it is re-inventing the wheel if I'm cutting out parts that I could easily purchase.

Hoping there's some sort of arrangement that can be made...the Ballerina is by NO means the only parts pack I'd be purchasing (I'd sure like a go at that Panther, among others) were they to be made more accessible to we colonists.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

The Ballerina accessories pack RCME526 would cost £9.98 to New Zeland

Ballerina CNC Parts Pack RCME523 is £41.99

the Ballerina Woodpack RCME524 is £41.99

Ballerina Ribs & Wing Tip CNC RCME525 is £9.98

However if you purchase all four, you would pay £49.97 which would save you money instead of buying them separately.

All of the packs are sent securely using DPD ensuring delivery, this can contribute to the perhaps, higher postage costings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

I'm behind most of you on this matter. I'm still finishing off the build from last year, too cold in the garage at the moment. Is there a discount on the purchase of the CNC pack of the Ballarina, as I have a feeling that's the next build for me.

Love all the pictures of finished aircraft so far, can't wait to start my own.

Tom