Servo lead "manifolds"

david james 1

A couple of club members have turned up at the field with so-called "manifolds" fixed inside their fuselages. These are strips of plastic, which can be glued or screwed to the fuse into which two or four servo extension leads from the wing aileron or flap servos can be plugged. They make a very neat installation.

They seem to be a very extravagant price at the local model shop for a very simple plastic moulding. Does anyone know their proper name so I can Google or Ebay them to get some at a more reasonable price?

Advert

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.

I have had a look at power boards but they are not what I am after.

Servo extension leads from the receiver plug into the bottom of the "manifold" . You then push the leads from the wing into the top of this object, so the leads are not floating around inside the fuselage. It is a bit like four servo lead clips moulded together which you can screw down inside the fuse.

Edited By david james 1 on 30/12/2015 20:34:36

Edited By david james 1 on 30/12/2015 20:35:00

I'm not sure about using PCB headers, especially with IC powered models. Without the socket housing you are relying on the electrical connections to provide mechanical support for the lead. I know receivers use PCB headers, but they usually have some sort of housing around the header to support the plug bodies.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 30/12/2015 21:28:18:

The nearest I can think of are 'charge lead holders'. I've used these to hold the socket end of an extension lead for plugging aileron leads into.

I think these do the job perfectly. If you need several it would be easy to mount them on a wood or metal panel. Bob's link doesn't seem to work very well for some reason.

I tend to use Asklok multiple way connectors but I'm running out and Ash closed down his little business a few years back. The don't work if you have separate wings (ie on bigger models) and Bob's solution is neat and minimises the irritation of aileron leads sticking out the wing root which always seems to happen when I fit wings

Geoff