Extreme Flight factory China

Pete H

Advert

Long way from a band saw and a few bits of printed balsa. Even with all the profile jig set up guaranteed no two models will fly the same.

One good point i visited Radar the world models showroom in Hong kong couple of years ago and the great thing was they were really enthusiastic about flying and all their products. The way the economy turning round of late it would be great to see a few state of the art model industries setting up in the uk. Not by the way to decry the resident producers that we do have.i might add.

Theres nothing better than a workshop that is full of sawdust and sketches of a scratch build but nice to open a box of plastic bags of a nearly ready quick fix as well.

Mind you probably need e few more finger guards on the cutters in the UK eh.

I saw a similar video a couple of years ago but that looked much more cottage industry than this with no discernible production sequence, just people sitting at tables doing a variety of seemingly random tasks. This looks really professional and slick though some of the jobs involved in powered sharp things looked a bit none H&SE .

I was surprised how big the covering irons are. I would have preferred a commentary rather than the music which I turned right down.

Thanks

Geoff

Posted by Tim Lewton on 31/01/2016 21:08:05:

Mind you probably need a few more finger guards on the cutters in the UK eh.

Just what I was thinking! I had to rewind the the circular saws clip a few times to check that everyone had a full set of fingers. surprise

Having said that, I worked at a place in the UK making aerial targets about four years ago, and the saw there was no better guarded than the one in the video. The main difference was that we used a piece of scrap wood to push the good bit through.