Something fishy going on

Peter Miller

Advert

Posted by The Wrinkled Prune on 11/04/2016 17:31:11:

So some of you knowingly engaged in what any sane person can see is a scam?

One born every minute. sweet jesus. Maybe i can use this to sell you some fresh air in a can?

Yep, there's one (judgmental smart alec) born every minute, sure enough

Posted by IanN on 11/04/2016 22:27:07:

One born every minute. sweet jesus. Maybe i can use this to sell you some fresh air in a can?

Yep, there's one (judgmental smart alec) born every minute, sure enough

yes

But some people are NEVER, ever caught out by a con...or at least will never, ever admit it.

Edited By Peter Miller on 12/04/2016 08:27:42

Posted by Peter Miller on 11/04/2016 08:57:10:

This is getting even fishyer.

More items but now we have a batch of obviously second hand engines being sold as 5 available

**LINK**

and just above it is the same picture, same text, another zero rated seller from another town in China.

oYAAOSwz2lXCj8z.

When I first saw the advert I did ask the seller how he could descibe them as "New" and how he could have identical sets of five second hand enfgines available.

For some reason I haven't had an answer

There is absolutely nothing that can be done. The con will exist as long as people want to keep on doing it.

The best thing to do is to not do that particular search or exclude foreign sellers from the list and ignore it.

That's why it is a scam; some know it is not for real, others don't. We learn from it and move on. Be nice.

You will see from my original post that I was highly suspicious. However you can never tell with the oriental gentlemen, especially since they are having a major down turn in their economy. THe "found in a storage unit" just might be true.

And, as I pointed out, Buyers are protected if it does turn out to be a scam so our money should be pretty safe.

Posted by Peter Miller on 12/04/2016 09:00:41:

You will see from my original post that I was highly suspicious. However you can never tell with the oriental gentlemen, especially since they are having a major down turn in their economy. THe "found in a storage unit" just might be true.

And, as I pointed out, Buyers are protected if it does turn out to be a scam so our money should be pretty safe.

Exactly thumbs up

Be careful guys, eBay or PayPal do not guarantee every seller. They do not supplement every fraudster, so your caution is correct when you see £20 for a £150 motor. You cannot rely that they pay you back, unless that seller has all the stars, medals and bangles, and is Verified. check, on buying the seller is Verified

Posted by Denis Watkins on 12/04/2016 10:57:55:

Be careful guys, eBay or PayPal do not guarantee every seller. They do not supplement every fraudster, so your caution is correct when you see £20 for a £150 motor. You cannot rely that they pay you back, unless that seller has all the stars, medals and bangles, and is Verified. check, on buying the seller is Verified

On the other hand, from a friends experience. New members do not get the money from Paypal until they have positive feed back from the buyer unless they have changed that. So until the buyer has been given feed back from us victimes he should not have the money and Paypal will be able to give it back to us.

Posted by IanN on 09/04/2016 22:20:03:
Posted by Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 21:46:56:

Now yet another seller in China is offering 4 OS 120 FS engines at 33.99 including postage from China. and has already sold one..

Edited By Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 21:47:54

That one was to me. I was tempted to buy more than one but thought it was too good to be true, so I just took a punt on the one and - like you - put my trust in Paypal in the event that this is iffy

Edited By IanN on 09/04/2016 22:22:11

having waited for the required time to elapse I opened a case with Ebay stating the facts

- item withdrawn after the sale

- had emailed seller to confirm despatch, no response

- followed up with a 2nd email 24 hours later, seller no longer an ebay member

I had the refund confirmed within 45 mins of opening the case

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Peter Miller on 10/04/2016 08:39:59:

The OS 120s have now vanished, even from the search for completed sales and now there is another one, same thing, different seller but this time a Vintage RUssian engine.

**LINK**

I don't think they will sell so fast.

This seller has very good feedback, what is the problem with him?

Posted by Peter Miller on 04/05/2016 18:32:23:

I didn't look at the feedback but if I remember the listing was similar in that he was listing 5 of them. The listing is no longer available to look at.

Also it was from China

Edited By Peter Miller on 04/05/2016 18:34:35

Located in Sidcup.

Maybe you are thinking of a different seller?