Something fishy going on

Peter Miller

On Friday night I spotted 5 OS. FS 40 Surpass engines for buy it now price of 29.99 and free postage from China. Being a nasty, suspicious old man I didn't buy one. They werr all gone in nothing flat.

Saturday morning there were 5 SAito 100 engines in NIB condition for £33.99. from China, another seller, also with 0 feedback. I and a friend promptly bought one each. Well, it is pretty safe with Paypal. Suddenly the seller was no longer a member of EBay and the items (The remaining two) were withdrawn.

Now yet another seller in China is offering 4 OS 120 FS engines at 33.99 including postage from China. and has already sold one..

I just hope that either I will get mine, Unlikely it would seem since the seller is no longer an EBay member or I will get my money back.

The first seller is still listed as a member.

Edited By Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 21:47:54

Advert

Posted by Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 21:46:56:

Now yet another seller in China is offering 4 OS 120 FS engines at 33.99 including postage from China. and has already sold one..

Edited By Peter Miller on 09/04/2016 21:47:54

That one was to me. I was tempted to buy more than one but thought it was too good to be true, so I just took a punt on the one and - like you - put my trust in Paypal in the event that this is iffy

Edited By IanN on 09/04/2016 22:22:11

He's also been "selling" some vintage radios, Babcock and Controlair...... 5 of each at £33.99p. They are all different accounts and all have zero feedback. He is obviously fraudulent and I have reported a couple of his listings as such. There's a new one this morning......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Very-Rare-Vintage-Glow-engine-Start-10-RC-10cc-/131776430059?hash=item1eae7cbfeb:g:OnwAAOSwz2lXCSBF

I wondered how he could have five of them but I nearly "bought" one of the Controlairs until a friend pointed out the zero feedback and then it became obvious .sad

Paul

Somehow heseems to have got several EBay memberships. I am trying to contact him via the original seller's emails,

He has shut down his account for the Saito 100s. 

The thing is that Paypal used not to send the seller the money until they had positive feed back on the sale until the seller had a certain number of positive feedbacks.

Edited By Peter Miller on 10/04/2016 09:04:59

Yep, this morning I have the message

The listing you're interested in is no longer available

Hello,

We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
222080235012 - O.S. FS-120 Surpass four stroke model airplane engine

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
**LINK**

If it looks to good to be true it almost always is!!

My stepson bought a knife from eBay, from a Chinese seller, which was a large hunting type knife.

He got a letter a month later, pretending to be from customs, which basically said the knife was impounded. The English was so bad and the quality of the graphics and payout was poor so he contacted Revenue and Customs who confirmed there are plenty of scams where an item is advertised, you buy it, and they then simply send a letter to tell you it is impounded!

Being conned is prevalent with eBay as it is the perfect place for illegal and rip off trading because reporting them is impossible due to the methods in which eBay allow you to report items or bring issues to their attention.

I feel for you Peter. I hope you get some resolution from Paypal later on.

Edited By John F on 10/04/2016 12:03:02

This is getting even fishyer.

More items but now we have a batch of obviously second hand engines being sold as 5 available

**LINK**

and just above it is the same picture, same text, another zero rated seller from another town in China.

oYAAOSwz2lXCj8z">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-5-RC-Gas-Powered-Engines-With-Mufflers-Fox-K-B-1-New-/162033926783?hash=item25b9f9827f:goYAAOSwz2lXCj8z.

When I first saw the advert I did ask the seller how he could descibe them as "New" and how he could have identical sets of five second hand enfgines available.

For some reason I haven't had an answer

Did anyone check the feedback score etc ? It's usually a good indication of the sellers record . If you have been stung and don't receive your goods then start a case as soon as E-bay allows you to ,I believe its 21 days but you'd have to check . Don't leave it too long either as E-bay and Pay-Pal wont help after a certain time . I know its very tempting when something so desirable is cheap but the saying " If it looks to good to be true it probably is " is very true . Hope you get goods or you money back .

Interesting to speculate how he/they acquired the motors, not from ebay or else they would have left feedback,wink neither of them has any feedback at all. Some of the motors would almost certainly not have been available in China when they were originally made. Any way I have made an offer of 99p! I tried 1p but ebay won't let you. As a rich pensioner I can afford 99p.

Watch this space!

Posted by Electric God on 11/04/2016 17:31:11:

So some of you knowingly engaged in what any sane person can see is a scam?

One born every minute. sweet jesus. Maybe i can use this to sell you some fresh air in a can?

A couple of British women have/are actually exporting fresh english air in jars to the Chinese at ridiculous prices !!! Perhaps their husbands are trying to get their own back smiley