Buying online

Advert

I put them straight into my junk folder and mark them as junk. Outlook then do the rest. To be honest Outlook do a pretty good job in screening out rubbish.

BTW John, with all that money did you know I was your long lost brother from Darkest Peru? laugh

Edited By cymaz on 25/06/2016 06:10:43

We have some pretty effective spam filtering software at work - and you're right John over the last 6 months the nuisance level did decrease - but over the last two weeks it has suddenly picked up again. I wonder if the spammers have found some back door in the filters?

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/06/2016 12:16:56

I have multiple email accounts - I own a couple of domain names and receive all email that is sent to them.

Typically I use this so I can allocate a unique email address to every organisation I deal with - eg. when dealing with Halfords I give them the email address: halfords@<mydomainname> to contact me (obviously <mydomainname> is actually the domain name, but I'm not showing it here where it can be picked up by even more spammers) This way I can see which organisations appear to be 'leaking' customer email addresses to the spammers. Halfords and Monarch have been particularly noticeable in this respect in the past.

However In the past few weeks I've suddenly been deluged with 100s of junk emails to a lot of these accounts. It's as if the spammers have got hold of email logs from mail servers somewhere and harvested email addresses of emails passing through the servers. These emails have diminished in number now - only perhaps 10 or so a day now, down from maybe 100 a day at the peak. I diverted them to my junk folder with a filter on emails containing any of the following text;

Just wanted to know where I should send you the profits you'll be making?

Are you tired of the excess weight and would like to get back on track without any painful efforts

Even if you tried to trade binaries before and failed

I am always searching for new, proven ways to make fast and easy money online

$RANDOM_LINE redd_opt$

This system is REALLY odd

Did anyone else get deluged with these?