Too difficult to find aeromodelling items now?

David Ovenden

Am I the only one to find the new Ebay categories unhelpful. I used to look at the the aircraft section of RC models and found all sorts of interesting items. Now it's all muddled up with "vehicles"so there is tons of car stuff I 'm not at all interested in. So I have stopped looking. Anyone else found the same problem.

Advert

Yes it is absolutely useless now , why did they do it, you can't find things with out having to crawl thought tons of irreverent stuff. just about given up looking now, the specific traders must start to see trade dropping off as you can't easier find things. Whoever thought of it should be sacked, one jumper does not fit all!! secret

So I'm not alone! I now conclude it is a very poor place to try to sell model aircraft items as other modellers have stopped looking! Well done Ebay.

However, as Donald says, I doubt Ebay cares much what we think as our little "niche market" is very small fry to them. Still it makes one wonder who comes up with these new schemes and whether they have any clue as to the impact of their "improvement". Aren't negative changes almost always sold as improving the service or to make life easier? They seldom do though.

I find the easiest way - find something in the catagory that you want and watch it, even though you have no intention of buying.......when you want to have a look on ebay , go to the item even when it has finished and click on the link it was posted under. I know that does not make sense.......but i find that way is a lot easier......

I've never paid much attention to the categories as sometimes a seller puts an item in the wrong category and you can find a bargain that way as sometimes no-one else bids for it.

As long as you know what you're looking for just do a search, ignoring the categories or, if you must whittle the results down, be as loose with the categories as you can.

A have a favourite list of model shops that I use first on the interweb. Then I try Tower Hobbies, Graves, Phils Hobbies and Hobbyking . If that doesn't turn up anything EBay is now the last on the list.

Not the complete list..

• Modelfixings
  • RCWorld
  • Kings Lynn Models
  • Nexus
  • Blackburn Models
  • Mainly Planes and Trains
  • Leeds Model Shop
  • Steve Webb
  • Toni Clark
  • Glens Models
  • Wheelspin

Edited By cymaz on 01/08/2016 06:45:49

Edited By cymaz on 01/08/2016 06:47:34

Unless I'm heading out to North Birmingham (the home of Mike's Models) anyway then my first search is Google as LMS is an obsolete concept now unless you consider 15 miles local. A Google search specifying 'country uk' brings up all the UK model shop hits and a link to e-bay too.

The BMFA classifieds are worth monitoring too.