Electric Vulcan

Advert

Myron, if you fancy building a big Vulcan I will try to help any way I can. It is certainly a big pussycat to fly. I didnt have a plan for mine but enlarged a good set of drawings that had cross sections using a programme called tile print. You can take just about any picture and enlarge to whatever size you want, then print onto multiple a4 sheets that can be selotaped together. Needs a lot of paper and tape to do an 80" Vulcan.

Hi Glenn, How many sheets of 3 and 6mm depron would you need for the 80" Vulcan? We have to special order Depron from Europe. What we get locally is 20 - 30% heavier. There is an order being assembled, indoor flying time is near and it snowed here in Toronto today.

Thank you. I last saw the Vulcan at the airshow here and your latest video was so lifelike I am in awe. What would it be like with four EDF's running, I imagine the sound would be great.

Thank you showing the way.

Jack Higgins.

Hullo Jack,

Four EDF in a Vulcan would be quite the set-up and in fact is one I've been thinking of for a while. The snow in Toronto must be part of that big cold air mass that is bringing rain here in Nebraska. Midwest products has a foam material that compares to depron in a 15" x 48" size which might be available in Toronto. Of course, Depron is a good material and with an order in hand........build,build,build

Harold

Hi Jack, Terry Mitchells 'V' force are all edf and are great models, check out the report on the basingstoke electric fly in for some pictures of them.

The depron sheets I use are 31 1/2" by 47 1/2 " and I used around 1 1/2 x 6mm and 5 x 3mm sheets for the 80"

A big thank you to everyone who has left comments,its great to know that people take an interest

Sorry you missed the maiden Flanker, as usual the first flight was a bit nervous but I am really starting to enjoy it now.

Doug, its all to do with wing loading, with a wing loading of around 6ozs it is loaded less than many gliders so hand launching is not a problem, its one of the reasons I like the ultralight models so much

Keith, Terry Mitchell's models fly great on 4 EDF's so it is a great way to go and it would be well worth checking out his build thread to see how he put his together.