Flair products

Advert

It would be very difficult to do an exact scale model as the Pup had a 9 cylinder rotary engine that was incredibly heavy compared to the rest of the plane. As with many models, practicalities override scale in the interest of having a model that flies well. Its even worse with electric as the motor is very light, and the weight of the battery is over the CofG.

Also the real Pup does not split in half behind the cockpit to enable it to go in the car with the wings still on!

Coming back to the original topic, before I ring Flair up has anyone heard any more about when and if production will restart?

I am in need of a spare cowl for a Magnatilla (following an unfortunate aileron seizure - it's a second-hand model and I think one of the bellcranks came adrift).

I tried contacting Steve Webb models but they've not heard anything and don't have cowls in stock.

Denis, Richard - thanks for both those references. When researching this a while ago I'd found both those possible sources; Vortex I'd discounted initially as I couldn't immediately see what I was looking for, though I had started considering a custom job through them; and though Inwoods' cowl looked perfect, for some reason I held off (as I recall) as I wasn't sure the measurements were right... so was hoping Flair would start up again soon. However, you've prompted me to look again at Inwoods - the cowl I have measured 7" BUT of course, that is post-prang... and some distortion has crept in. Having now just re-measured the actual front of the model, it looks like Inwoods' 6 3/4" cowl is going to be a perfect fit, possibly with only minor encouragement. I'll check with them on the other measurements just to be sure, so thanks again for that.

Question still stands - any more news on Flair, anyone?

cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just started covering my Cirrus Moth and now iam hoping for suggestions regarding the electric set up please if possible. Iam installing a servo in each wing so would i be better using mini servos but what size for the rudder,elev. This kit has been a delight to build regarding fitting of all parts and if it flys as good as it has gone together then i will be a happy chap.

• 3 months later...

I have eventually got round to maiden my Cirrus Moth and would just like to say that it flew a treat. Did not need one click of trim at all so if anybody thinking of buying one of these kits you will not go wrong at all. Altogether i would say a top class kit and a pleasure to fly.

High Peak models are your best contact for Flair Kits. Evidently they are available once more to special order at the moment, I've just been given a lead time of 8 weeks for a Magnatilla after paying a deposit.

I personally think the return of the Magnatilla and the Hannibal ( currently the best seller I'm told) is a great idea. I think all Flair kits will become available again excepting the Kite.

• 2 months later...

I'm very interested in any info regards Flair Scouts (not so much "Donald Duck's" Fake News) as I'm lusting after the Baronette. On explorations into the various ad. facilities I always seem to engender the "should have called yesterday mate" reply, & generally find enquiries are of the Wooden Horse variety.

Like other posters, being the proud owner of a Legionnaire, & familiar over the year with many "Scouts" I cannot believe there is no market for them! When you look at the popularity of DB, BUSA & many more, is it because They are mere "sport scale" & we've all turned into rivet counters? I don't believe it, neither do I believe that there is no British concern/entrepreneur capable of regenerating a classic British marque.

Rant over, going to polish my flying helmet now.

Quick addendum to previous "Rant" post. Does any body have, or know the whereabouts of a pair of Flair Vintage wheels, as per the Scout series available for a senior citizen Scout/ pensioner Pilot? Would be much appreciated as I've given up on Albert, rest his soul!