UMX AS3X issue

Andy Fox

I've got an Eflite UMX B17 with a weird issue.... the auto stabilisation for the ailerons is reversed. Elevator and rudder are fine, but not the ailerons. Makes for some interesting flying. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Edited By Andy Fox on 04/09/2016 17:43:35

Advert

Andy - I have a Spektrum AS3X programmer (SPMA3060) which may be able to reverse the aileron stabilisation on your B17.

It is a few years old and I originally bought it to program an AS3X Sbach as I wanted to be able to turn the AS3X on and off, which I did. Subsequently I used it to change the stabilisation on a foamie into which the Sbach electrics had been transplanted.

I have no idea whether it is compatible with your model or can do what you want, but if you do some research online and would like to give it a try then let me know and I will pop it in the post so that you can give it a go.

Bob

Thanks Bob, thats a kind offer.

Reading the manual for the programmer it does support the SPMAS6410 Rx used in the B17 - so hopefully would resolve the issue.

Can I take you up on that offer?

@Dennis, looked at the app and it seems to only support the latest receivers - would be an easy fix if I could utilise it...

Thanks for the replies guys

Andy

yeah - thing is I can't remember if it was right to begin with. I'm suspecting not .... I've tried rebinding with a new model memory - reversing servos before and after binding - binding while model upside down and all combinations in between, but no joy!!

Many thanks Bob - you're a star!

Are those Speccy leads, the phone and the computer ones worth while ??

The programming with the TX sticks is a bit "of a pain " , I have managed so far , only just , not crashed yet , but its only a matter of time , and my programming skills are pretty non existant and so far have resisted buying a lead as they are not the cheapest thing on my priority list !!

advice would be very welcome please.

pete

I would not have bought the lead had I not seen it lurking in the display cabinet of the LMS. Was/is it worthwhile ? Well, it did the job that I wanted, but unless you have a large fleet of AS3X models it is of limited use.

I used it, experimented with it a bit, set the model the way I wanted then put it in the drawer where it has languished for a couple (or more) years. I only remembered that I had it when the query arose which is why I am happy to loan it out or pass it on to anyone who needs it.

As a follow on to this thread, I have one of the little UMX Pitts Specials. Terrific fun, but one day, the elevator reversed itself between sessions! Not only was the elevator function reversed, but so was the gyro sense, indicating a receiver or servo fault.

I discovered this when , after a couple of abortive take-off attempts, which I put down to the grass being too long, a hand launch produced a half-loop over my head and a crash behind me! On all previous hand launches it had gone off as straight as an arrow!

As I say, because the gyro sense was also reversed, it cannot have been a transmitter issue - and the transmitter (JR DSX-9) hadn't been touched between sessions anyway!

Horizon replaced the model FoC, after quite a wait due to all the stock being in Germany......

I now check and double check all control functions for direction, as well as operation, prior to launch!

--

Pete