ripmax power panel replacement pump?

Phil 9

Advert

I dumped power panels many years ago after multiple failures. I found glowsticks to be more convenient/safer with no trailing leads and don't mind a bit of handle whirling with a mechanical pump. I attached a faulty 6S LiPo reconfigured to 5S to my (allegedly) 12-24V starter a few years ago which dispensed with the last trailing cable...any old 3S past its prime would suffice for a 12V version.

Worth considering?

Edited By Martin Harris on 11/09/2016 21:54:00

well I am glad I was not to hasty in ordering a new pump. after a bit of fiddling it seems it was the switch that was at fault. there is not of mechanical support holding the switch in place and it was bending back into the panel preventing it from sliding far enough to make a connection. I am hoping some epoxy will hold it in place. we will find out in the morning when its dry

Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 13/09/2016 19:42:33:

I am with Martin on this one. Used countless electric pumps over the years, and eventually gave up and reverted to the good old hand pump. Cheap as chips and they work!.

I picked up an old flight box from my club and it came with the power panel. it was very grotty and the pump did not work. but it has cleaned up nicely and now it is all working I thought I will give it a try. I will take along a hand pump also