Futaba 6EX exchange programme

David Ashby - Moderator

One detail not spelled out on the recall notice is that the Ripmax serial of the replacement will be the Ripmax serial of the old one: you must peel it off the old set and stick it on the new one.

The Futaba serial will of course be different, and so the FASST ID is different.  For this reason you will of course need to re-bind the new Tx to your old Rxs.

This issue has convinced me that Futaba are a dependable supplier.

May be Ripmax have not been to good with thier communication, but they have at least done something, perhaps not perfect. Maybe a little less haste, would have been better. But I guess they are trying to limit damage to to both parties, by being as quick as possible.

When I buy a 2.4Ghz, I will certainly favourably consider Futaba.

Erfolg 

Working Day Hours??  Didn't go up till late(ish" yesterday, still not 09:00 as I write.........give the system a chance, I doubt they have automated reply set up, that'd be too intelligent!!

As to them doing better if they'd applied  "less haste"...............Blimey O'Reilly.................the problem was first reported more than 6 months ago!!!  I'm an old man, I may not have that long left...................... 

Re:  "One detail not spelled out on the recall notice is that the Ripmax serial of the replacement will be the Ripmax serial of the old one: you must peel it off the old set and stick it on the new one."

Please state the source of this statement........................ 

One thing is REALLY puzzling me...........................

They are obviously from the form controlling the process from "known" serial numbers, not solely by the relatively unreliable presence of a sticker (or not), YET have not advised users which serial numbers are affected, so naturally enough people, maybe even a lot of people, will waste their and Ripmax time submitting theirs, only to be told it is OK.

WHY??? 

Dave

My reference to less haste, was not effering to actually dealing with the overall issue.

It was meant to suggest that before telling the trade about their intention, that they would have

• Developed a programme of  of actions and a process, the planning
  • Determined how to define the effected sets
  • How and where of  returning the sets to themselves
  • How replacement sets are to be issued
  • How to inform the trade
  • How they would deal with the public purchasers
  • How they would address those sets which did not immediatly get recalled.
  • There own internal processes for managing the above. The management

There are so many things that Ripmax need to manage, even though I guess most ,if not all actions are "bread and butter" to them.

Erfolg

Guys

I've just had a call from my model shop telling me my new tranny is there ready for collection, i can confirm that the model shop have to remove the Ripmax sticker from the old one and stick it on the new one.

I have not yet received an email confirmation

Good old Ripmax

Jim

Nick

I only completed registration form yesterday however:-

I've just collected my tranny from LMS and asked him how come Ripmax were so fast. He already had an order on its way from Ripmax so he asked them to put a spare tranny in because he knew I was on the list.

I must thank Cameron at Gladston model centre North Shields for being ahead of the game,proof that customer service is No 1 priority at that establishment..

Regards Jim

Thanks for various replies above, my LMS also this morning confirmed that they have been told that the existing Ripmax serial number sticker has to be peeled off the old Tx and applied to the new one on exchange. The new ones will not have their own Ripmax number.

They also told me they had some BRAND NEW NORMAL SALE 6EX Tx's in the other day WITHOUT THE "OK" (I/!) sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I wasn't even able to get a "checked" sticker out of Ripmax for mine, despite asking several times, I have NO confidence that this process will eliminate the risk of old sets being "still out there" to reappear in the future.

Stickers do not have a habit of re-applying well!!!

They should have:-

1. Stated up front which serial numbers are affected so people know.

2. Retired / Locked out those numbers such that any future appearance of that serial number can be easily identified as faulty and be removed from use.

How will Clubs and individuals know which is which ongoing? How does this resolve the uncertainty??

At the very least now the FUTABA serial number of the faulty sets should be immediately made public!!!!!

I assume that the new sets have been configured so that they cannot be reset if you switch them off in less than 5 secs of switch on?

This was the advice given on the sticker issued after the recent lab checks and I feel certain that sooner or later I'll do this by mistake... 

Hi All

According to "Krysta" on RC Universe forum in the USofA, updated 17 April 08.

"It is important to note that the precautionary measures are relevant only to the Futaba FASST items with serial numbers as described below. To determine if your transmitter might be affected, look on the bottom of the transmitter case. If using the TM-7 module, the serial number is located on the inside portion of the module:

6EX: A7xxxxxxx without the “I” (Inspected) sticker
7C 07xxxxxxx without the “I” (Inspected) sticker
TM-7 07xxxxxxx without the “I” (Inspected) sticker

The precautionary measures do not apply to systems that utilize a serial number as noted below:
6EX ALL A8xxxxxxx or systems with the A7xxxxxxx serial number which include the “I” (Inspected) sticker
7C ALL 08xxxxxxx or systems with the 07xxxxxxx which include the “I” (Inspected) sticker
TM-7 ALL 08xxxxxxx or modules with the 07xxxxxxx which include the “I” (Inspected) sticker "

Mike

Michael: this information is from the Futaba USA site and it seems it may not apply in UK.

The above says TM-7 modules with serials 08xxx.. will all be OK and by implication don't have the I sticker.  If you look at the Ripmax TM-7 recall notice (no longer easily found on their site as it seems it's been withdrawn, but is at http://www.ripmax.com/notification_futaba.asp  ) then the TM-7 shown HAS an I sticker even though its serial is 08xxx...

The position seems to be the same with 6EX, as again the OK 6EXs have I stickers even though the one pictured has a 08xxx... serial, but the USA notice says 08xxx... Txs don't havve I stickers.

Faulty 7Cs were never sold in UK, according to Ripmax.

Hi John

I know the info originated from the USA, hence the USofA in the text of the hyperlink. Information regarding serial numbers seems to be absent in this country, but I thought may be of interest to readers on this forum.

My understanding of Krysta's last paragraph is that it doesn't matter if units with 08xxx serial do or do not have an "I" sticker, but that the "I" is relevant on 07xxx serial numbered units.

Mike

Mike,

Yes it's very interesting.................BUT, "Krysta" or for that matter yourself are no substitute for a properly thought through and properly communicated information process which resolves the issue and as far as is reasonably practicable prevents any confusion occuring later as to the status of any transmitter..............sadly still extremely elusive!!!