Futaba 6EX exchange programme

David Ashby - Moderator

No of TX's affected????  I have heard a figure (from within the trade) of 5000 sets to be exchanged (if people come FORWARD, or even find out, of course !!!)

By not using Serial Numbers as identifiers they have seemingly given themself a massively more difficult task as all the panic merchants and the genuinely confused and the mislead by wrong identification info will apply....wasting their time.........and even worse, by re-using "tainted" numbers they have also introduced a risk of confusion in identifying in the future any 6EX Tx's status that should NOT be there!!!!

I do know again from a reliable trade source that a few sets have been VERY RECENTLY issued without the sticker used by Ripmax as the OK symbol  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, they haven't spent £80M plus of our money advising the Governement how to save money in staging the Olympics....................... Errr....HAVE THEY????? 

Don't think we should get into politics, Dave, or we could be here all day. It doesn't inspire confidence when you see the confused way Ripmax seem to being going about the arrangements for exchange though. I wonder what will happen to all the suspect transmitters. Will they be put in the crusher, or used to build "new" units, or sold on as spare parts? Presumably the costs will be claimed back from the  assemblers in China, so 5,000 doesn't seem quite so many in that case, but then there must be thousands in America too. The logistics of the whole affair are quite scarey.

I was told a few parts like joysticks may be taken off for spares but the bulk will be crushed.

Since all zeros is never a valid code, once replaced it's a pity a non flight non critical use for them could not be developed that would (say) help kids, etc get into the RC game............. 

Yup, but is it inertia and inaction, or the system not telling them people are applying!!!?? 

I'd suspect it's the former since I applied by post, too. 

This is where any company worth it's name would have looked at forums, realised it wasn't working and at least advised that they were aware.

The looming alternative is that people start ringing up to check their status and time wasting them that way.

Funny old game, Saint.................. 

John Cole wrote (see)

The application form says:

Important: Please make sure you have filled in all the fields otherwise your details will not be submitted.

Is it possible some of you have not filled in EVERY field?

John - this suggests you have received a confirm from Ripmax? If so, how long did you wait?

Has anybody heard from Ripmax yet? I phoned Lancaster Model Shop this morning and they told me that Ripmax has written to them informing them of the programme but I have to wait for Ripmax to confirm that they are sending the model shop a replacement for me. The model shop would expect  Ripmax to then inform them and then they could contact me. But I have not had an E-mail confirmation from Ripmax, so I don't even know if they are processing my claim, anybody got an E-mail from Ripmax yet?

Tom

No E-mail as yet from Ripmax?

Re-submitted as they are now asking what mode you want, thought the serial number would give that information??

I suspect they have had a massive response, they may just be playing catch up.

Brilliant after sales support offering to replace all the suspect Tx's .

Off topic, why does the spell checker refuse to work most of the time??  

No email yet - the announcement said that within 10 working days we will be contacted with a date for collection from LHS. Anyone reached 10 working days yet (from submitting form)

I have to agree with Kelvin, it is admirable to have all suspect TXs replaced with new, though testing should have debugged any issues before release.....