Futaba 6EX exchange programme

David Ashby - Moderator

This text appears on the front page article -

We've just received a press release from Ripmax which reads as follows -

"We are pleased to announce that with immediate effect we are instigating a full exchange programme for all early 6EX 2.4GHz transmitters supplied by Ripmax. As we have widely publicised, a small number of early 6EX 2.4GHz transmitters had been incorrectly coded, which could have caused problems if two of these sets had been in operation together.

The actions we took at the time meant that any potential issues were resolved. However, we have taken the decision that the only 100% secure course of action long term is to remove all of the early transmitters from the market and replace them with updated transmitters.

As we are now well into the flying season we want to ensure that owners of these transmitters do not miss out due to their transmitters being on their way back to us. To avoid these possible delays, the exchange will be carried out via model shops, where owners in the local area will bring in their old transmitter, and will in exchange receive the new replacement, all customers will have to pre-register for the exchange.

For full details of the exchange programme please visit the Ripmax website at www.ripmax.com

At this web address you will be able to register for the programme by completing a simple online form.

For those without web access, please write to Ripmax at 6EX Exchange Programme, 241 Green Street, Enfield, Middx, EN3 7SJ, providing your full name and address, contact phone number, Ripmax serial number/s of your set/s, and details of the model shop you would like to collect your replacement transmitter/s from.

Please note that shops will NOT hold stock, but will be sent the required number of new transmitters to exchange within 10 workings days of receipt of completed registration forms."

"For full details of the exchange programme please visit the Ripmax website at www.ripmax.com"

Really???   Where (as at 13:25, 15/7/08)?

This whole notice appeared on their website a few days ago, and was then promptly removed!! 

My LMS telephoned end last week and was told that It had been withdrawn as should not have been posted as dealers were unaware.

Just looked and it still seems to be "missing"..............did you check??  Where is it now??? Is it me???

Basic communication skills training, anyone???? 

Re: "I hope this is genuinely from Ripmax and not someone pulling your leg David"

No, LMS spoke to them last week, heard the reply, it's genuine, just seemingly very badly handled and communicated, just like the whole affair!! 

Re: "Perhaps they are just trying to decide which Rx to give us as a gesture of goodwill"

Nice one Rob, I'll go with that!!!!

The press release is from Ripmax rest assured all.

They tell me that the reason the message appeared briefly on their website last week was due to a human error and it was withdrawn until it was ready earlier today. I'm sure it'll appear on their website soon. I've just been quick on the draw getting the message up for everyone here.

No, It's a once and for all clear-up to make sure the old issue is firmly nailed, leaving no one with a 2.4 common coded transmitter. I guess there's always the risk that no matter how much testing you offer through model shops, there may always be an affected Tx in the hands of someone who's unaware of the issue.

Re:  "I never would have found it there"

I think you'll find thats because they didn't WANT it found yet, having withdrawn the process from public gaze till the dealers were brought up to speed, but then only removed the front end of the process from access, allowing some search engines to still find it!!!