spektrum telemetry

rcaddict

ok so I bought a orange R620X telemetry Rx for my DX8 G2 Tx, while the Rx side of things work fine the Tel side will not work/bind. I have googled and seems there is a problem with orange and the new spektrum EU Tx.

so I was wondering if anyone knows if the lemon equivalent will fair any better

have to tell you I am a complete dummy with this stuff !!!

Advert

oldgit

Are you saying the Rx will not bind or that the telemetry doesn't work? or both!

Whilst it is possible the unit is faulty it does sound as if either the set up or binding procedure is not being followed correctly.

I note on the HobbyKing site it points out that "if required the telemetry can be disabled during binding" which suggest that could be important.

Simon

the rx binds ok but tel does not work, the instructions says 2 bind plugs to disable Tel but I have tried both

on youtube it appears that when binding the tx it should tell me that Im binding with 23mms and telemetry but only getting the one message

hope that makes sense

Dennis

just seen this on hobbyking reviews - I think this applies to me:-

Usual high quality Orange kit....but with one important flaw The telemetry doesn't work with any of the latest CE Spectrum transmitters - those that are DSMX only....it appears that whilst the receiver works OK, the telemetry uses DSM2 so the new radios cannot understand the data stream. If all you need is a receiver then it's great...but not if you want telemetry

• 2 months later...
Posted by Paul Marsh on 08/01/2017 12:07:49:

I won't bother with the Orange, anyway, unless you like repairing models, or smashing them up.

It seems that you have, or have had, an issue with Orange Rxs at some time, Paul.

Just for the sake of balance I, and no doubt many other successful users of Orange - and Lemon! - Rxs, seem to fly regularly with them without issue.....

Their reliability has improved considerably over the years and I don't think it's helpful to constantly rubbish perfectly adequate equipment which allows those on a limited budget to extend their options.....smile

Pete

Or indeed one who has not noticed, as a recent converter to 2.4, any difference from Orange to Spektrum. But in fairness, hoping to make an Orange receiver work, across a Spectrum transmitter, to unknown telemetry units is inviting a load to unknowns into a situation where I would not want unknowns.

It is when the model that it went in was smashed with 20 secs - even with the checks.

as for price, the AR400 you can get for £18 and the Orange for £15, and they are only DSM2.

I got a P40 from a Swapmeet last year, with a brand new 7ch Orange rx, with a Sat. Ok, I thought, give it a try, range check, ok, only 20 yards, but that was on low power.

Took off, and lost control soon as the wheels left the ground, did a half circuit and crashed at full power into the ground. I knew I shouldn't have flown it with what I had, and bought ar AR8000, but no. Broken model and that's the last straw...

Not used Lemon, but for peace of mind....

Someone said that if you had an Orange TX, they had no issues. Maybe it's not quite 100% compatible with Spektrum transmitters.

I did have on a JR Spektrum DSM2 Module and it worked well, I had flown the model on this mode, but when I sold my JR set and put it on the then new DX8, then problems started, either getting lock outs or on one occasion, my 15 year old Twin Star with Orange RX went straight in, where even on 35 Meg it never crashed.

I repaired the model and now it has DSM2 Carbon rx with telematary module - as I wanted to see how many holds it had/has. But nothing was wrong.

You can listen to advice( I learnt) , or leave it. Just trying so save tears before it all goes wrong.