Spektrum DX7 and Ar6200 losing throttle

Niall Reynolds

Posted by gangster on 04/01/2017 22:04:35:

Unless I have misread this Niall says he also has the same issue with an Orange RX. Suggests an issue with TX. Any chance of trying binding it to someone else's TX and see what happens

Thanks for the input but I am in Ireland and the nearest club is miles and miles away

Advert

I don't think there are any AR610 fakes. Horizon did some quite aggressive pricing recently and dropped their prices on the cheaper range of receivers so much that the fakes were weeded out at uncompetative.

So far, only the AR6200 and Ar6100 park fly were cloned, and the newer Spektrum receivers use DSM-X, which other makes haven't managed to copy, due to aggressive price structuring (by Horizon) and the need to redesign their crud( the fake rx makers), where in the end it wasn't worth it,

So, as a final, I made a quick comparison of the two, one fake and one original. So:

fake ar6200andreal.jpg

Niall, if you establish the problem is the Rx then the 610 is a good choice - £26 from Al's Hobbies. If you only need 4 channels they do the AR400 for £20.

At those prices I wouldn't bother risking an unknown secondhand item. I have only bought secondhand radio from trusted club mates.

I only have one Orange Rx. It's an 8 channel DSMX and works fine, but I only got it because I needed an rx for a holiday glider in a hurry, and HK deliver quickly.

Niall,

I have a couple of 610 rx's they have all been reliable, Model Heli Services in Clare have them in stock **LINK** , probably work out similar price to ordering from the UK when you take into account the expensive Royal Mail postage but you will get almost local support from them.

Edited By YakMad on 05/01/2017 09:13:31

I have two ar610 receivers purchased from wheelspin models great pieces of kit. Prefer the 6 as I like to have one chanel for each aileron using a dx8 transmitter. I always buy radio gear from reputable suppliers never e er from eBay or second hand just one of my little foibles but saves a lot of grief.

Paul.

Well guys,

Yesterday was a washout here so I did'nt get a chance to try her out but boy did I try it out today.

Every thing is now working a treat.Flew around for about 15 minutes and no bother but I forgot to charge the other 2 batteries as I was so excited!!!

All batteries will be charged tonight and ready for a good run tomorrow!!!

Just wondering do you guys set timers on your tx to let you know when to land???

I also did a few deadstick landings to see how I would manage and had no bother.

I have a mini dvr camera and might mount it to the plane for the crack!!

Goes to show, that cheap receivers aren't worth it. We had a guy in a club kept losing his models in radio failures. He practically bought a model every week and usually it had gone in the bin the following week.

Found all his receivers and servos were all fakes. The AR6200's all went in the bin, he bought new rx's and don't think had any more radio issues - he crashes now to pilot error, so at lease there is a chance...