PSSA group visit to RAF Cosford Museum

Phil Cooke

Posted by Phil Cooke on 25/01/2017 18:52:04:

Good news on the FW Andy...

I think we are a group of 11 adults so far?

Andy/Shona, Matt, Noel, Chris/Vicky, Harry, 'Martian', Ade, Mark and myself (plus two half scales)

Anyone else joining us???

My student son is coming too Phil ( and maybe SWMBO and youngest).....there's a few aircraft I need to see again...

Cheers Ade

• 2 weeks later...

An odd day for me and my apologies for not being able to fully interact with everybody.

Vicky stayed at home to finish packing and buying the last bits so I was very surprised when Noah said he wanted to come still, Just me and him!

With him getting older and the complexities of school, temptations from technology, XBox etc mixed with his physical limitations of his condition, he doesn't often want to spend all day with me and when he does he struggles with any prolonged activity including walking. As a result of this rare enthusiasm I decided to give him 100% of my attention and a slow,gentle meander around the exhibits, even letting him use my camera to take some photos.

All in we ended up having a brilliant day together and he managed to keep going till after 3pm before it started to get a bit painful for him and we headed back to the car, from the Hunter at the gate no less!

img_3528.jpg

Spotted these guys when we popped into the cafe for some lunch and managed a quick hello.

img_3524.jpg

Anyway, hope to catch up with you guys on the slopes later this year and who knows, maybe Noah will be able to join us!

img_3500.jpg