Culvert Dart by Rod Jocelyn

Hello all.

The Culvert Dart was a free plan 2004 RCM&E; does anybody know the recommended engine size?

I have the plan but there is no reference to engine size although there is a hint with a 6oz tank reference.

i am guessing 25-35 2stroke, 40- 4 stroke.

am i close? if not give me a good lesson for not applying myself properly to our hobby.

cheers, bbc.

Advert

I ued a .52 four stroke which was perfect as the aircraft was highly modified and aerobatic

It has now been passed to another club member who repaired it and is flying it.

I was pleased with that model.

That is NOT me on Outerzone and I am even uglier now than I was 13 years ago and the model that the young lady is holding is nothing like Rod Jocelyn's aircraft

Ah HA!

highly modified, aerobatic, pleased with that model.

caught yourself out here Peter. this reads in marketing terms as, i have changed a lot, i can do more now than then but i wish i was younger.

so that must be you.cheeky

Now seriously, 6oz tank approx. 50" wingspan, 27" from F1 to tail fin post..

there is no weight parameters on the plan.

the 52 will fit nicely in the cowl too.

I have many plans now and try to keep any articles attached in folders, but this was a given and any guidance for a builder will be great.

I hope some of my younger children or grandchildren will build from one of the many magazine plans i have. me older numbskulls don't have an interest. bloomin nitwits.......they are.

ps: don't tell their mum i called them nitwits.

For reference, we can still supply the canopy and cowl that Peter specified for his version of Rod Jocelyn's Culver Dart, should anyone be interested in a new build or to repair an existing model.

However, as we have relocated since the plan first appeared in RCM&E, our current contact details are provided below.

Kind regards,

Steve Davis - Vortex Vacforms

Vortex Vacforms
40, Thorndale,
Ibstock,
Leicestershire.
LE67 6JT
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: (01530) 457806.

email: [email protected] 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Vortex.Vacforms 

Edited By Vortex Vacforms on 22/01/2017 20:15:44

Hi BBC.

That was a long time ago. I may have the original article which I might scan for you. when I can summon the energy. At the moment even that is a major problem.

Rod's aircraft was a single seater with a much bigger engine that the one that the young lady is holding.

Actually these days I have slowed down dramaticaly.

To save Peter finding his own copy I have located my copy of RCME Aug2004. I will scan it if required, however i see a copy of this issue is for sale here for 4 pounds which you might consider worthwhile buying as it has a copy of the plan too.

Outerzone has the complete  59 inch RCM ( USA) article here

and that says their  version is 6 to 7 pounds while Peter's 49 inch span is 6 pounds!

Edited By kc on 23/01/2017 17:33:50

Posted by Vortex Vacforms on 23/01/2017 21:12:58:
Posted by Peter Miller on 23/01/2017 18:18:20:

Thanks KC.

I have had a really vicious cold but the problem is that a bad virus will trigger my old ME (CFS) so it takes a while to get any energy back

Sorry to hear your under the weather Peter. Hope you manage to shake the cold before it triggers the ME.

Steve

Thanks Steve but too late. Already triggered. It will subside again with care