DSX9

Adam Colins 2

Advert

If you don't want to cut costs then stick to Spektrum!

However........most of us do want to look for a cheaper alternative. I also have a DSX9 and I have used Lemon receivers with good success. I have one of their receivers with a built in Gyro and this works very well and has given rock solid RF performance, I can thoroughly recommend the Lemon telemetry units too as they work very well and are ridiculously cheap compared to the Spektrum offering considering they come with all sensors.

They have also just released a range of receivers which have built in telemetry (as Spektrum and OrangeRx already do). BRC Hobbies stock them in the UK **LINK**

If your transmitter is one of the earlier versions which still supports DSM2 don't be tempted to go down this route, DSMX is the way to go.

Edited By chris larkins on 29/01/2017 00:17:13

Edited By chris larkins on 29/01/2017 00:17:33

Posted by chris larkins on 29/01/2017 00:14:23:

If your transmitter is one of the earlier versions which still supports DSM2 don't be tempted to go down this route, DSMX is the way to go.

Would you mind elaborating on this Chris?

Assuming his DSM9 is DSM2, what is wrong with going down the DSM2 route?

What advantage will going down the DSMX route give as they will work but only in DSM2 mode?

Thanks Denis.

I realise that DSM2 transmitters can't be bought new (in the EU).

Adam has bought a second hand DSX9 and is looking to buy receivers for it. Chris advised him not to go the DSM2 route, which has got me confused. Surely DSM2 receivers are what he should be buying, if he can get hold of them. If not, DSMX receivers should work, but in a backward compatible mode.

PS - I have a DSX9 and use JR, Spektrum, OrangeRx and LemonRx DSM2 Receivers. Never had a problem with any of them. Just make sure that you are buying full range receivers, not park flyers.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 29/01/2017 12:02:38

Edited By Gary Manuel on 29/01/2017 12:03:13

Posted by Gary Manuel on 29/01/2017 11:25:34:
Posted by chris larkins on 29/01/2017 00:14:23:

Would you mind elaborating on this Chris?

Assuming his DSM9 is DSM2, what is wrong with going down the DSM2 route?

What advantage will going down the DSMX route give as they will work but only in DSM2 mode?

The early DSX9 Transmitters use the DSMX protocol but were also backwards compatible with older DSM2 receivers (my transmitter is one of those), this means that you have the choice of buying DSMX or DSM2 receivers and they will both work. My point was that IF you have this choice then DSMX receivers are definitely the way to go for some very well documented reasons.

Of course if Adam's transmitter is one of the latest ones it will only use the DSMX protocol.