Identification Please of this Oldie

Stuphedd

Advert

Thanks chaps

a Soubrette is what it appears to be albeit the span is suspect , It has the same tail plane shape and construction and the same number of ribs in the wings and the tail etc etc , so I think you are bang on !!

How about a Soubrette Major !!

once again thanks

pete

I'd say it's definitely an enlarged Soubrette.

The design was published in Aeromodeller July 2008 (I assume when the AM was at the time still incorporated in AMI mag) & was 30" span. However in first paragraph of the accompanying article it's suggested that the plan could be enlarged by 120% or 130% if a Mills .75 was to be used.
Currently someone in Australia is/was building a 48" version for a "build of" organised in the RCG vintage section.

If you look at the plan shown yesterday you will see top right the alternative square fuselage formers and a note saying "Square Dancer" so it could have square fuselage. Maybe a hybrid with just rounded tops and square underneath? no experienced modeller builds exactly to the published plan!

And to set the record straight the great man's name is Vic Smeed.    more info about him here but that understates his planes and some ( such as Electra) are missing from the list.

Edited By kc on 14/02/2017 13:08:31

The plan for the Soubrette does not seem to be available from Aeromodeller ( Doolittle media now) - it was not listed in the ADH plans list either. I have been right through the latest Aeromodeller online catalogue and there is no sign of it ( the current online list seems just a copy of the paper version given out by ADH in about 2013 ) So the article is available but not a high quality plan.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...