wish list...if only

ken anderson.

Advert

Thanks John,

There are plenty on here who would help when you get to the finishing stage.

I have built 3 of Brian's, 2 of Dave's 80" and one Meister. Have also got the majority of the construction completed on one of Dave's 65" ones that I have modded to a Ta152H.

I am currently working on a "D" that I modded Dave's 80" drawings to produce.

To me the 190 in all its evolutions was a fantastic aircraft and the colour schemes are so varied.....

Dust off the Swann Morton and get stuck in smiley

maurice

Posted by Donald Fry on 23/02/2017 17:59:44:

Why! A couple of quid does a small electric moter. I am a petrolhead, but how much do you want to suffer for a religion. They were childhood dreams, but when you grow up you put childhood aside.

Except flying toys.

If only I had a hand grenade to hurl at this type of individual. The type who rather than accept the dreams & wishes of one would rather taint their judgment with their own clouded views ?

Peter , Fred , Adulf & Jimmy have all been proven wrong with this attitude over the last few years. 😉

Posted by Justin K. on 23/02/2017 21:23:28:
Posted by Donald Fry on 23/02/2017 17:59:44:

Why! A couple of quid does a small electric moter. I am a petrolhead, but how much do you want to suffer for a religion. They were childhood dreams, but when you grow up you put childhood aside.

Except flying toys.

If only I had a hand grenade to hurl at this type of individual. The type who rather than accept the dreams & wishes of one would rather taint their judgment with their own clouded views ?

Peter , Fred , Adulf & Jimmy have all been proven wrong with this attitude over the last few years. 😉

Wot storm, no noise in me bunker as I have the door locked just in case a hand grenade gets tossed in. Me whippets look worried too.

Hi Ken

I inherited quite a few engines from my dad (he's an electric convert these days). Some have been sold already, these are yet to be so. Photos on request if you're interested. Also have a few spare glow heads (definitely) and some props & a cox spanner (I think) to go with them. There may be one or two other spares (needle valve, maybe a tank) but again can't say 100% for certain.

Thought about this question for a long while - it's a good one to pose. My answer is that I wish the British Public and the relevant authorities here in the U.K. would be more accepting of our sport / hobby and realised the effort we make to fly responsibly and what it actually takes to put even the most simple model in the air to fly it....from a distance it seems that other countries inside / outside Europe see it and respect it as a really skilled pastime whereas we are all too easily branded in the U.K. as big boys with biggish toys.... And wouldn't it be great if you could rely on your flying field being always free from thieves / vandals?

I wish...

• 2 weeks later...

BIG massive thank you to forumite Nigel R who responded to my thread and kindly sold me a Cox 0.10,all done via Royal Mail(1st class service also)...thank you Nigel. Now all we need is someone to respond to Paul Marsh's post above.

ken Anderson...ne...1...... thank you dept.

PS.....anyone else who maybe after a Cox engine -give Nigel a PM..he has a good selection.

Edited By ken anderson. on 09/03/2017 14:14:00