Dynam Tempest

tigerman

Now that I have ditched all my Helicopters ( boy where they expensive to maintain )I have some surplus money to spend.I am looking at buying the Dynam Tempest I already have the Dynam Hurricane and love it .I presume the Tempest fly very similar to the Dynam Hurricane .Anyone can confirm this and I have been told the C of G on the Tempest wants adjusting to what the manual recomends.Would be gratefully if someone could advise me on what Cof G I should use on the Tempest and tell me what it fly likes

Dynam are ok, but personally I think they have been left behind by some more recent releases, especially the Durafly Mk1a and MkV Spitfire. They are way more scale, fly just as good if not better and only cost £15-20 more. You pays your money...

Edited By MattyB on 02/03/2017 18:34:43

I see what you mean two nice models,I already have a ic spitfire and have always like the Typhoon/Tempest so I still might go for the Dynam Tempest, I will most properly order one on Monday but it would be nice to know what they fly like.They must fly very similar to the Hurricane it is almost the same model have been told that the Cof G in the manual states 50/60 mm from the leading edge but it is recommend that it is better at 70mm from the leading edge.Which is fine but I am always at bit weary of not taken the advice of the manual .Come on someone out there .there must be someone out there that has a Dynam Tempest

I seem to remember hearing that the Dynam Tempest is quite prone to nosing over, but flies well.

The Durafly models do look very good, although they are a little smaller than the Dynam at 1100mm. The 1100mm Typhoon by FMS also looks good.

In the 1200mm size the E-Flite Mk14 Spitfire also looks good and flies well. Foamy warbirds are getting better all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have finished building the Dynam Tempest ,had to change the speed controller the one that came with it was u/s .I have just come back from the maiden flight .It fly really well ,but yes it is prone to nose over.I am lucky in the fact that our flying field is an old World War 2 airfield and have a grass strip and we can also fly of the old runway because with the grass being a bit long this time of year there was no way the Tempest would take of on the grass without nosing over so I used the old runway and she was up in a very short distance (not sure if it will take off on short grass it noses over very easy )Has I said she fly really well and looks good Yes I am pleased with it a good little buy .Roll on the summer with those long and hopefully sunny evening

I have a Dynam Hurricane to test fly shortly (perhaps tomorrow) and the esc exhibits the so-called Dynam stutter on very small throttle openings despite trying all the re-programming methods suggested on YouTube videos. However, it's fine at any throttle states I'm likely to use in flight so, for now I'm leaving it in.

I also fly on an old WW2 airfield nr Ashbourne with both tarmac and grass to choose from. I usually use the tarmac except for gliders and in any case I suspect the grass with be too soggy and wet to use for take offs but it's an option for soft belly landings if things go horribly wrong.

I bought this Hurricane on eBay unflown but it has the optional flaps connected so I'll see how they behave.

Geoff

I would not worry about the little stutter when you start the Hurricane ,I have one of the Hurricane and it does that but it does not effect the flying of the Hurricane and again the Hurricane fly well .The esc on the Tempest just would not work under load ,it was fine with out a prop on but once you put the prop on it just stutter and would not work totally different to the stutter on the Hurricane .I think the moral of the story is the Dynam esc are crap and you need to put a decent esc on them ,saying that they are still a good buy in my opinion CMC model are replacing the esc no problem and no stupid things like can you take a photo unlike a certain company in the Far East who's name I will not mention