Puffin Models Closing Down......For Now

It is with regret that Sandra and I are now selling final stock (there is still quite a lot of it!). I am regularly reducing prices on the site, and what is showing on the site should be in stock. Sandra is taking orders to the Post Office almost every day, and we aim to provide the normal level of service.

I have been teaching again for some considerable time, but I am still providing advice and technical support.

There are some serious bargains to be had, and once they are gone, they are gone!

Regards,

John

Advert

We are not gone yet!

I had to plan for the increase in demand, and plan for the decrease in demand. It will take some months, even into next year to clear stock, and I am determined that the company will be closed ethically.

Actually, the limited company is in a good position in every respect, with no debts or on-going contracts, and would make an excellent base for someone with new ideas and enthusiasm.

Sandra and I have made some good friends through all of this, and we are looking forward to a more relaxing semi-retirement.

• 1 month later...

Latest news is that those who were at Woodspring Wings this weekend will have seen an empty stand this afternoon. All stock has now been sold.

The web site is live at the moment, but will not accept payment. All orders to date (that have been paid for) have been posted out. Puffin Models Ltd will close, but it is our intention is to continue to support existing customers.

The web site will be down for a few days, and then Puffin Models will resume under new (younger) ownership.

Once again, a massive thank you to the thousands of customers we have been able to help over the years.

Best regards,

John

If Puffin is going to continue but under new ownership shouldn't the Moderators be asked to change the heading to something which reflects that situation? It's awful to see a headline that says a well known supplier is closing when that's not quite the case!

Thank you all for the kind words.

After attempts to sell the business, it appeared that the only solution was to close down Puffin.

The situation is extremely fast moving, and I even put my own personal Mega motors in the box for the weekend with the intention that what was left would be mine. In the heat of the moment, I forgot, and let the lot go! I am confident that a little horse trading will recover a couple of motors.....

Hopefully I will have more news about Puffin shortly, and I believe the new owners are keen to be trading at shows as Puffin Models very soon.

The van is going in an entirely different direction, and after collection by Jon next week, should be seen at shows nicely clean, and in the excellent Micro Aces livery.

For me, I am teaching, and already bought a lockable 2m trailer to carry my large models. I do intend to be active, and even supportive on this forum. As Puffin will be moving on (but I won't!) would it be a good idea that I am simply John Emms, without the Puffin Models?

Best regards to all,

John

Posted by John Emms - Puffin Models on 04/07/2017 09:51:13:

As Puffin will be moving on (but I won't!) would it be a good idea that I am simply John Emms, without the Puffin Models?

Easily done, John. Just go to 'Settings' in the red bar at the top of the page, then 'My Profile' and you can edit your user name.

Good luck with your new venture!thumbs up

Pete

Thanks Pete, Done, but unfortunately it appears that all I wanted to use have been taken - by me during previous registrations!

It appears that Puffin will be in South Wales, but I will let people know as I am sure of information. The web site should be transferred today, and will hopefully be taking orders, and taking money for orders over the next day or so under the the new owners. Sandra is really pleased that Puffin will remain a Christian run business.

Oh heck Tom, a brief history. I had dabbled in electric for various reasons, and eventually made contact with Czech suppliers of kit that was available in the US, but not here. We showed two 2,2m 10S LiPo 3D models at Sandown when there was no interest in them at all. I did all the initial promotion for Model Motors Axi in the English speaking world, I had design input into the MVVS electric motor range, and a number of Mega motors were the result of my requests, so the 22/30/3E and 16 EDF are firmly my motors. It was the UK sales of the excellent RCM-Pelikan models that made the production viable for a good number of years, and maintained jobs inside the EU. We have worked with RCM-Pelikan from start to finish.

Needless to say, I will be flying the very types and quality of model that I have become used to. I was contacted recently about a model "that was flown by one of our demo pilots", actually, - I - was the one that developed the power system, I assembled the model, and - I - was the one that flew it at shows lol.

Regards,

John

Did I say fast moving? I have just spoken to Sandra and she has asked me to say that Steve Walker is the new owner of the Puffin Models name and remaining stock. Steve owns a model shop, and the address is 70 New Road, Porthcawl, CF36 5DG.

Handover of the site should now have happened by the end of the week. From speaking to Steve, I feel that he may just have a far better idea about what modellers want than I now do...

Regards,

John

Good news eh? Bit far for me but nice to know. I live in Meliden, Prestatyn and the LMS's we have are for cars and trains. The one in Colwyn and Holywell closed but a new one has opened in Old colwyn 3 days a week. Nearest one now to me.There are others bit further away but for trains. Glad to see someone is keeping the faith .