G-FOUR

cymaz

Advert

Today was running engines day. All started one at a time and adjusted by tacho. High needles done first the the low end point set from there and the idles. All 10k at WOT then idles set for 3,200-3,300 manually. The final idles can be set from the Tx.

img_0328.jpg

img_0326.jpg

img_0327.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

An excellent result. I've thoroughly enjoyed following your refurbishment.

Next job, a decent video is needed.

However, no music please, I can't understand why people make videos of planes and then replace the audio with music! I want to hear the engine(s), and I'm sure I'm not alone....

GDB

Promise to post a video of them ground running in a few weeks. If I’d thought about it I could have posted a video today! Just come back from Davidstow...and didn’t take the camera blush. The mods I did last night at home after Saturday did the trick...needs lots of rudder on the turns mind.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE!!!

The lighting control work on the throttle position. I also did a second mix where they can be turned off should the need arise.

Bought some of ...THESE..I should have put these in before I covered it. Ho-Hum, the deed is done. I am really impressed how bright these things arecool.

landing lights on.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 24/03/2018 19:11:20

They are 22mm diameter, 23mm deep ( that includes the heatsink as well ). The lipo was from HK. The one I ordered is charged through a small JST plug so I had to make up a small fly lead for my charger. You plug the controller into a spare channel and the power is taken from the balance plug and not the power lead

For those who stumble across the thread, I've just finished installing the landing lights fixed them in with Gorilla Glue Tony..I can confirm that they remain bright..

Normal garage lighting

p1000290.jpg

Non flash photo

p1000291.jpg

Taken with all the lights out and no flash

p1000292.jpg