rcgf 26

AndyD

dscf1335.jpgive just converted my old black horse spitfire back to petrol yet again this time with a rcgf 26,although its started fine it wouldn't slow down to a agreeable tick over,on striping the carb the butterfly screw was loose and putting it back seemed to have made it better(no wonder) but its still a little bit on the fast side for a tick over but ive run out of all adjustment,any ideas.sweet little motor for the money if only I could dscf1337.jpgdrop the revs another 500

Advert

I'm hoping for the best but it sees to be getting faster as it runs in,early days its only had just over an hour running.ive never come across it before but they state not to run it in on a test stand as theres not enough shock absorbing but to run the engine in on the air frame.

• 2 weeks later...

the engine runs really sweetly,but as its running in more(over two hrs now)its seems to be getting faster and faster,i can slow it down some by winding the le needle out but as it is its very rich the models covered in oil.someone suggested soldering over the hole in the butterfly so ive just tried that but again no difference,ive checked for air leaks the best I can but now given up for the day with a cuppa.also someone suggested a walbro carb,ive got one off a 22 but noticed the rcgf carb as a crackcase pipe going to it so could I block this and use a walbro,many thx Andy.

couldn't settle so out with the engine again but this time with success,stripped all the carb and block off and with close examination found a hair line crack in the carb block,even forcing it apart was only just visible,now the hard job of finding another onedscf1352.jpg

Take a hacksaw and saw down the crack till all the way through. Now tap in a wooden wedge to open the gap a little:. not too much or you'll crack the other side.Now mix some epoxy slow setting and warm it so it's a bit softer in slip it into the gap. Take out the wedge and let the gap close .When set but still green level off any excess glue and either keep it in the spares box or reassemble to the engine with new gaskets Unlikely to work without sawing first.

Posted by onetenor on 17/09/2017 22:09:18:

Take a hacksaw and saw down the crack till all the way through. Now tap in a wooden wedge to open the gap a little:. not too much or you'll crack the other side.Now mix some epoxy slow setting and warm it so it's a bit softer in slip it into the gap. Take out the wedge and let the gap close .When set but still green level off any excess glue and either keep it in the spares box or reassemble to the engine with new gaskets Unlikely to work without sawing first.

Just thought on. If it is new get onto the supplier for a replacement. That postage is a heck of a lot where is it coming from?

3-10 days from china,ive had it well over a year but only just got round to using it,shall have ago at fixing it so I can fly next weekend.had a few flights today but the landings are bit scarey coming in a bit on the fast side,nice when the wind picked up to slow it up abit.

dscf1354.jpgbeen rushing about sorting my carb block,got it finished last night ready to fit tonight but got a text today to say the new one will be delivered Thursday,impressed 4 days from china,at least I have a spare but hopefully wont need it.i ve,ed the crack plus afew 1mm holes(not drilled right through) then a coating of chemical metal to finish.dscf1353.jpg

down the club today hoping for a nice flying session,new parts on set back to factory settings and still not running right,but after about an hour it wont even start now,healthy spark petrol but wont fire up even though it gives a good kick back now and again,re done the tank and with another ign module but still the same,charged the battery and even swapped it with a identical engine but still the same,so I'm thinking its got to be the battery even though my charger says its full,as my battery checkers no good is there anything ive missed or I can try,(before tempers get to bad) many thx Andy

as ive tried two engines with the same results its got to be fuel or spark but both seem good,im still going electric as when it was still running it was as if the ign was cutting in and out at low rpm but it all seems to check out ok so it could be fuel ,lol