VIve la France

Ernie

Hi Guys, 

Timbo, there are quite a few regular contributers based in La belle France..The forum is a great place to exchange info, and ideas. Also, Hopefully it'll be of interest to others. Is this thread the best way to do it? I don't reckon it warrants its own topic

ernie

Bonjour,

I wonder if anyone has recent experience of 35mhz in France. I'm on 2.4 now, but I've got a bundle of 35 Futaba stuff lying here, but don't really want to risk it.........Is it or is it not legal? and, is it or is it not safe?

ernie

Hi Ernie,

Been through the 35meg subject before on another thread, 'Bonjour de France' as I understand the FFAM site, certain bands are legal and they propose full coverage by 2011. However, the French service sector don't readily want to dismiss their comms usage on 35 which creates problems with RC stuff.

I personally have been shot down twice whilst using 35 megs and, like you, have gone over to 2.4g. touch wood havent had anymore problems.

I personally havent bought anything from French mail order model shops as I get most stuff like servos, motors and ESC stuff via ebay, usually from China. Can take up to 14 days to get here but then its cheap even with postage and have never had a problem with the kit. Don't know. My aircraft, Edge 540T and EDF Mirage 2000 came from UK and took 4 days to arrive, the electric helicopter from China arrived in 2 days surprisingly. Bought an electric YAK 54 here quite cheap but no 'notice d'assemblage' so built it anyway without instructions, flies well though.

Lee