Sad day for Bishop Aviations Red Arrows.

Keith Newman

Unfortunately I have recently read on another RC post, that the Two gorgeous Red Arrows flown by Father & Son team, Steven and Mathew Bishop. Have a had a mid-air with each other, whilst in Palma del rio, Spain with one another. Whilst I believe representing the UK.

I have read that both models are no more.

Terrible loss & gutted for them.

Really enjoyed watching them fly at shows.

Edited By Keith Newman on 24/09/2017 08:27:52

Advert

I too enjoyed seeing their display several times. The trouble is, they did such a good job that it I had to keep reminding myself how ridiculously difficult it is to fly in even loose formation with another model, so trying to emulate the very best in full size formation aerobatics was hugely ambitious. But, as a certain late gentleman would say, didn't they do well!!

Posted by Devcon1 on 24/09/2017 09:00:04:

The models were fantastic and flown brilliantly, what a loss.

I also saw on YouTube Robbie Skipton lost a big bipe at Much Marcle after some sort of mechanical failure with the prop or spinner, another fabulous model gone.

hopefully not again a failure for Robbie...maybe the one you are referring to is last year when the motor threw a sparkplug?

ken Anderson...ne..1.... much marcle dept.

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/09/2017 13:26:33:
Posted by Devcon1 on 24/09/2017 09:00:04:

The models were fantastic and flown brilliantly, what a loss.

I also saw on YouTube Robbie Skipton lost a big bipe at Much Marcle after some sort of mechanical failure with the prop or spinner, another fabulous model gone.

hopefully not again a failure for Robbie...maybe the one you are referring to is last year when the motor threw a sparkplug?

ken Anderson...ne..1.... much marcle dept.

No this was the 2nd one sad

Unfortunately that biplane that went in was due to a bolt breaking on the spinner. Which in turn led to the spinner coming of. Hitting the prop and breaking that which in turn led to the model crashing. As I believe it wasn’t that high up at the time.

It’s a real shame as I only just saw that model at Cosford. Robbie and the guys at skip model design are building a new one I think. Lovely model.

I read this on the Bmfa Facebook page. Which by the way, is a great group to follow even if your not that ‘into’ Facebook.

Biplane flying down wind, inverted, low altitude and slow while the engine decides to quit is sure to end in tears. Not good for the pilot...its a real shame when that happens. There was a big pop and something large flying from the nose. It could have been plug as the engine soon stopped.

If it was something like an exhaust then the engine should have kept going, unless that took something vital with it, as it flew out.

Sorry to hear that Kieth....you just beat me to it

Edited By cymaz on 27/09/2017 17:52:31