New builder

Bill Reed

Advert

well done bill, most of us on this forum who come from the days of find the wood and build have made some really massive mistooks during the build process and as such will understand your probs etc as you go...its a clever way of learning.....just make sure you come out with a full set of intact fingers and thumbs at the end of it all....balsa and blood isn't a good look....have fun.

ken Anderson....ne..1....... balsa and blood dept.

Actually Ken I always find that the model flies better if you have bled on it a bit.smiley

Bill, just remember that it isn't all that hard. Back when most of us started we had a kit, some brief instructions and possibly a book (Kiel Kraft handbook) with a short article on building but we still made successful models most of the timex.

I was doing that with the added disadvantage of NO other modellers and everything in Spanish. It took a while but I can still picture every last thing about my first successful flight.

You can do it.

Mistakes are part of life, that is, if you do something.

One of the many lessons of life, almost a way of life in modelling, there is always more than one way, seldom one way that is universally better than others, in all circumstances. There is almost a Far Eastern philosophy to be found in this hobby.

Hi Bill,

That is a nice model to build, keep posting up the pictures, I'm still learning after 25+ years of modelling.

I wish this forum was around when I started building all those years ago, you will find loads of advice and guidance to your problems as you go we are a friendly bunch here and willing to help.

Regards

Robert