Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/10/2017 18:06:10:

Can't find owt wrong with the plumbing but i'll change it anyway, Chinese carb on it, Zama, i'm impressed, been a faultless runner. New carb set ordered. Been looking on Ebay at Stihl saws, better than looking at aeroplanes. face 1

I think you'll find that Zama are a German company - owned by Stihl.

Casting and assembly may be done in Hong Kong but the Engineering is pure German.

John, In that case, the idle jet may be gummed up with old oil. Once you have bought your needle adjusting tool, open the idle needle 1/2 a turn or so and run it like that for a bit. Once it starts getting smoky at idle you know its now too rich, has cleared the old oil and can be leaned out again.

Again as others have said, fresh fuel is essential. You can waste a lot of effort with stale fuel which has lost its more volatile fractions.

At this price its worth getting as set of needle adjusters:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Set-Carburettor-Spline-Tool-Trimmer-Lawnmover-Screwdriver-For-Zama-BE-/371625342253?hash=item568698b52d:g:5V4AAOSwXeJXe4c3

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 18/10/2017 22:04:53

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 18/10/2017 22:05:28