Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Advert

• 1 month later...
Posted by Graham R on 30/10/2018 16:19:00:

Greetings all, Building season again, thought I had better finish off the 109. Cannot decide whether to top or bottom hinge main flap. I can see that Paul bottomed hinged his. What have others done, also what type hinges Robart or mylar type.

I used Mylar works a treat as you will need to more 'meat to fit a Robart style hinge. Been busy with work and became a grandfather today. But have started to paint her and have put the white spiral on the spinner.

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

Maybe you can help me to lay hands on a Bf109 kit. There is a bit of background.....

After far too long I am getting ready to build the Spitfire Mk.1 and Tempest Mk.V which I bought from Richard Mills in the 90s. Richard has been very helpful recently in connection with those models.

While furtling around his website I was attracted to the Bf109 model and have read, with increasing enthusiasm, your above build log. However I was dismayed to realise that once the kits were gone they were gone.

RM has told me that if there were half a dozen committed buyers he could do a production run.

I know what I would like to buy me for Christmas, so do you know of any builders who along with me could make six buyers?

Alternatively, do you know of anyone who bought the kit but has decided not to build it after all?

Fingers crossed for all of that.

Happy Christmas

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year guys!

Just to prove I'm not completely asleep...

Do you remember the pictures I posted of a plastic kit which I thought looked cool.

bf109g6black14cw_10.jpg

Some progress.... at last.

There is an awful lot of shading/weathering to do still and I want to finish the edging where the top surface colours blend into the underside on the wing leading edges with a wavy line.

20190101_091605.jpg

20190101_091628.jpg

The cockpit still needs attention, it's only held in place with tape for the pictures to give the effect. I have the control panel to do, pilot to fit.... stay tuned for more ….when I can!

• Like 1

Very nice Paul, an excellent job👍🏻

Since taking redundancy I have been trying to sort through my junk err collection and rationalise, been a much bigger job than I anticipated 😳🥴 but I am getting work space back so can’t wait to actually build something, this spurns me on👍🏻

Happy New Year!

Fabulous work Paul , can Iwink 2 buy it back ?

secondly , I have a few people sniffing around for a 109 . rather than buy more Spits which I have just run out of , I could do a short run of 109s . Now I'm not trying to sell them to the gallant lads who have already got one stashed away , what i'm saying is that if there is anyone (or their friends ) who is out there watching in a darkened room , It would be worth them raising a hand now, rather than me waiting for more Spitfire fans to start bleating to the point where I cant stand the racket anymore and make some .

Happy New Year to you all

Richard

Beautiful work Mr. Johnson and this entire thread encouraged my lust for an Me109 (as in my post a couple of weeks ago).

So, me and Jari make two keen to buy. Only a few more needed to justify a production run !

Meanwhile Happy 2019 to you all.

Ed Spark

• 2 weeks later...