Drawing a Windscreen Template

I have a plan that has no template for the windscreen. The top of the fuselage section (F2 formers) is almost a semi-circle so it makes it harder to draw your own template. Other than trial and error (and I'm having lots of errors), is there a more accurate way of drawing a template? I actually have the plans drawn up in TurboCAD but I'm a beginner with the tool.

Thanks

windscreen.jpg

Advert

Yes, that is how I'm doing it. I was wondering if there were an tips. I guess you are trying to project that windscreen bottom curve on the plan to the curved fuselage surface, so maybe wrapping paper over the fuselage top curved surface and with the fuselage orientated like the plan, try to draw the windscreen curve on the paper. Its hard to explain in words...

... humm... too much whisky isn't good at all for your scissors. angel

... but, I'll second David's idea, maybe a more rigid light card board held in place with masking tape. Draw the outlines on the tape and a first template.

Correct till you find yourself smiling and finalize - only 'then' - with a glass of your preferred 'apéritif'... yes cocktail

Cheers

Chris

Measure the length of the front angle of the screen . Transfer this length to a pair of c ompasses Drape card or paper over top of fuz and mark bottom of screen corners join the marks with a straight line over the top. Centre the compass point on the line and describe a half circle , If the arc meets the end points ok If it falls short extend the compasses a bit. If over shoots retract them a bit . Bit of t and e should find the right arc.Running the pencil over the top of the paper over the top of cockpit should give you the arc there too as already said. It's a bit long winded to say but quick to do.