Thought I'd got the right motor.

trebor

I'm just starting to put my Pheonix 2000 together but found my choice of motor has a 3mm shaft and the folding prop has a 4mm collet. Looking at the spare adaptors in the box there is a 3mm adaptor but the shape of the collet will not fit the nut shaped collet half in the prop. What can I do, replace the motor or the folding prop ?

This is the motor I got **LINK**

Advert

Obviously changing the prop is the obvious thing to do.

However, I fitted a Gliderdrive motor to my Phoenix. They're more expensive and more powerful than actually needed but you can always prop appropriately to get the power you want and the motor will be working well within its limits. They also fit very neatly in the restricted nose with easily accessible rear connections.

So if you can find a use for the motor you already have in another model it's worth thinking about a different one.

Geoff

Folding prop collets/hubs are widely available and IIRC the blades are interchangeable. I have 12x6 blades on mine but obviously the actual diameter can vary slightly depending on the hub. Can't remember the current draw on mine but I get bored before a 2200 mAH 3S LiPo is anything like exhausted.

Geoff

I can't see the motor spindle size listed for it !

Is my motor too small ?

What's the route measurment ? Is it the base of the prop blade.

I've measured my prop at 10" not sure what the pitch is and the base / route !! Measures 8mm with a 3mm screw through it. As you can tell this is my first powered glider with a folding prop so it's all a bit strange.

My lovely new spinner turned up but is it too big ?img_2675.jpg

The other thing my motor spindle is only poking through 9mm, I am tempted to file out the centre so the spinner can move back but are those slots in the metal disk for cooling ?

img_2676.jpg

Also the screws are slightly different diameter giving the props sloppy movement, has anyone filled and re drilled the holes before ?

img_2677.jpg

Spinner is great. Bolt size 8 ba is nearest I think.The pivot I can see in one appears to be a panel pin.These vary in diameter according to maker. Take you prop to a couple of DIY stores and see if you can find a thicker one or use piano wire to make new pivots.twisting the cut end through the hole for a.tight(close ) fit

Spinner is great. Bolt size 8 ba is nearest I think.The pivot I can see in one appears to be a panel pin.These vary in diameter according to maker. Take you prop to a couple of DIY stores and see if you can find a thicker one or use piano wire to make new pivots.twisting the cut end through the hole for a.tight(close ) fit The other way is to bush both holes .. HUB and BLADE ROOT with brass tubing and matching piano wire for the pivots. As Alexander says @@@@@@s.

Edited By onetenor on 09/12/2017 15:31:46