Mini Blitz

Brian Dorricott 1

Anyone had a go at this month's Mini Blitz ? Not sure what electric power setup to use ? A 22mm motor will fit but not sure which one , the article mentions 150 watt but not which motor . I have some 1300mAh 3s batteries but not sure what to go for on motor and esc , as it's my first RCME plan build don't want to spend a lot in case I total it first time out , did I mention I have never flown a delta before ? Any suggestions welcome !

20+ years ago I built one of these.

Well what I actually did was to enlarge it and strap a .25 2 stroke on the front of it. I had only been flying for a couple of years then and was to chicken to fly it.

As far as I recall it only flew once in the hands of the club expert, a man who could fly anything. I think this kind of scared him.

No idea what happened to it as it was so long ago.

Any way back to the present.

wp_20171206_20_02_52_pro[1].jpg

Going down the electric route with this one.

Motor. **LINK**

ESC. **LINK**

Battery. **LINK**

RX. **LINK**

No idea if this set up is any good. I mainly fly I.C. but electric has its place in my fleet too.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 06/12/2017 20:17:41

I tried a 7x5 APC prop and 1300mAh LiPo (didn't have a 1000mAh) and it was giving 13A and 144W which seemed pretty good. Your prop Kevin appears to have a broader chord than my APC so it may produce a tad more thrust, especially as my prop was wearing quite a large spinner. I am sure it will be more than adequate, the proof of the pudding etc.... .

Forgot the wife was at work tonight, so back out came the balsa yes

I cut out 2 fins and the way I've decided to do it is to put another rib in just far enough away from another one so I can slide fins in straight vertical. I'll probably cover the wing first then glue the fins in.

I also cut out 2 fuz sides and dry fitted them.

Baz

The way I’ve made mine Rene with the extra rib, I could just slot the fins in as they are a tight push fit and I haven’t glued them in yet. I’m installing the fins without the stated angle, mine are straight vertical.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 18/12/2017 09:03:12

Maiden donethumbs up

A few clicks of right and a couple of up was all that was needed. Not ballistic but enough to fly nicely. I think an ASP prop would be better suited to this model.

With my setup it was pulling 125 watts on a fresh battery, so that equates to about 12amps.

With a 30 amp ESC there is plenty of room for experimentation.

Kev