Mini Blitz

Brian Dorricott 1

Just got back from flying and after 3 flights mine is finally trimmed out. Zero wind allowing for some really smooth big manovers.

Mine also resides at the rear. gives a slightly nose down attitude at the indicated CofG. I think I may add a small amount of church roof to the rear.

dscf0122.jpg

Maybee a 1300 pack weighing a bit more might sort the CofG better.

Kev

Went into the printers with the plan today and came out with an A0 copy , 141% giving a wingspan of 28 inches . If I built it that size what to use for power any ideas , just for comparison the Micro is now bigger than Mini on the plan . Bit more room to play with but not excessive might think about building it. Standard Mini Blitz brings a smile ever time it's flown great fun . Anyone else up for it ?

Nice to see you back at the building board Kenny. I notice you’ve went down the same route as me, putting in an extra rib to slot fins in between yes

I’m getting well on with my micro blitz but haven’t took any recent pics. The servos are in and I’ve just finished the top hatch. It’s secured with a tongue at the front and is held at the back by earth magnets. Next is to start covering it and then tape on elevens and connect to servos before I can glue the rear deck on.

I also bought enough wood to make the mini so will start that soon too.

Baz

Starting to get somewhere. Did a crap covering job. I slightly widened the fuse so I can get my sausage fingers in there, leaving very little would exposed to stick the covering to. 20/20 Hindsight, I shouldn't have done that, or should've made the wing center board wider. Oh well, she'l pass the 7 foot rule...bl13.jpg

Edited By Rene Wallage on 23/01/2018 10:22:01

I got all my wood for both the micro and mini from Phill’s models Ken. I even cheated for the elevens as I bought pre shaped aileron strip and just cut it down to the correct size. The motor and esc for the micro I already had and for the mini I’m going to use the motor that came with my radjet that I never used.

Baz

My progress so far -

The fins are still removable and I will decide weather to leave them like that or permanently glue them in after I cover it. Hatch has a tongue at front and earth magnets at the rear, Servo arms will come out of the holes in fuz side and be made to measure wire with Z bends at both ends.

baz