Grunman F7F TigerCat

Martian

Advert

We have an FMS Tigercat in our club. Lovely flier, looks fantastic. Don't see the problem with using foam unless you are really keen on a perfect surface finish, or want the enjoyment of building. Regarding cost, I doubt you could build it for much less money, taking into account the amount of hardware you get with the ARTF. And any model of that size is going to smash to bits if you crash it.

Posted by Trevor Crook on 29/03/2018 07:27:23:

We have an FMS Tigercat in our club. Lovely flier, looks fantastic. Don't see the problem with using foam unless you are really keen on a perfect surface finish, or want the enjoyment of building. Regarding cost, I doubt you could build it for much less money, taking into account the amount of hardware you get with the ARTF. And any model of that size is going to smash to bits if you crash it.

I don't disagree on the value of the FMS plane it is excellent for the money and looks brilliant just love to afford it

Trevor there are very few plans and no kits that I can find but I have found a couple of control line plan versions on outerzone that I have downloaded that can be studied and possibly be the basis of drawing a plan, the control line plans look to make a solid plane but probably heavy . I'll keep looking

Phil that mix and was a sad loss, the YT kit is no longer available ,the Son Smith tiger is a beaut but bec heck i would be broke and read before it got finished, I I'm looking at a sub 60 inch model I've learnt that I just don't have the space for anything bigger the mossie was only just about doable

Posted by Ron Gray on 29/03/2018 22:30:54:

@Martian - the YT/ESM is 83” wingspan and is available from Bigplanes. The plans I was looking at were for one with a 102” span but that would work out rather expensive.

That is one lovely plane but way beyond my budget, it's going to have to be a slow 🐌 build from plan

Posted by Lorenz Mueller on 31/03/2018 07:12:39:

RBC in the Netherlands makes a kit for a Tigercat - 52 inches, quite simple balsa build. No landing gear afaik.

https://www.rbckits.com/shop/airplane-kits/balsa-build-kits/rbc-warbird-kits/tigercat.html

Lorenz

Thanks Lorenz looks like a nice kit and a good price

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started the long process (for me) of drawing the plans based on the blueprints scaled for a wing span of 60" it will have a foot chord of 1 4" , nacelle is about 20" , the full-size has 2 degrees is incidence and the tail 1 degree i think , What do you think of that for a model the incidence i mean