Apex Models Berks

Does anyone on the forum use Apex Models in Crowthorne , Berks? I've been trying (with no success) to get through both by phone and emails for the last few days to chase up on an Internet purchase . Wonder if they are away on Holiday?

Edited By Tomtom39 on 03/05/2018 10:35:28

Advert

Sorry not sorted. Had email from Apex on the same day as the original post here . Had apology for delay (no reason) told it was being posted first class that day . Nothing to date! Seriously cheesed off . I note website reviews of the shop service are pretty poor. Wish I'd read those beforehand!

I shall revert to using SMC who offer a brilliant service and do get in contact if the item is going to be delayed (Apex's website advised item was in stock - SMC didn't have it in at the time!)

Edited By Tomtom39 on 09/05/2018 14:17:27

Ordered prop, prop never arrived, refunded no question, just my experience.

Note, not many working days have elapsed since 3/5 and 9/5 - bank holiday weekend.

Also, first class isn't guaranteed delivery time any more, and has no tracking numbers or facilities to see where it is.

Its been close to two weeks since the original order was processed. At the time the item in question was shown on Apex's website as being in stock. I checked earlier this afternoon and its now listed as "supplier stock" with a delay of 2-5 working days. I decided to contact Logic who are distributors and they inform me that the it will be a minimum of two weeks plus before they get this in! I don't have an issue with shops if they are quick to communicate the facts. At least that gives me, the customer the opportunity to make a decision to wait or choose an alternative. We have had four days of postage delivery since being advised by Apex that it was posted 1st class. Items I ordered 2nd class on Friday have got to me yesterday. Two orders off EBay from China on Thursday last arrived today , so I think its fair to hope that items advised that they were posted in the UK 1st Class should have got to me by now!

Trevor. I've never been to Apex. The website shows an extensive range of R/C aeromodelling items and accessories.There is a difference between showing an item in stock, supplier stock/ shadow stock, or out of stock. If you are passing could you please ask them to answer their phones!

Martin oops! I must admit I couldn't understand what your point was initially . No pun was intended frown. (I did mean Berkshire, honest!)

Regret still nothing. Tried ringing . Phone picked up and put down ! No response to emails/ contact via Apex's website. Have asked for full refund . I have managed to find another at Nexus. Hopefully that at least will be with me tomorrow.

So very disappointed.

They have royally cheesed me off and I will be adding my views to Yell and Yelp too (I should have read those beforehand!). I should add that I do understand if mistakes are made ie if the item was out of stock and the website had not been updated. I chased up a week after the order was made to enquire to its whereabouts. I got an apology for the delay (no reason given)  and advised it was being posted first class. Emails sent again subsequently with no back at all. . The rest as they say is history!

However on the plus note and having got fed up off with no response from Apex (supposed 48 hours to respond advice had elapsed by several working days) . I ordered the same item via Nexus yesterday afternoon and it arrived today,hooray for Nexus! A very different experience to Apex. I have instituted a "claw back" of funds and hope Apex will pull their finger out and refund my money.

Edited By Tomtom39 on 11/05/2018 12:56:55

• 2 weeks later...

Paypal have confirmed that they are refunding my payment. (Still no response to my subsequent six emails and contact form via their site .Such a real shame that it had to come to this , especially as there are such few model shops about. From my own experience Apex Models are to be best avoided .

I was pleased to see Apex models had a spare canopy in stock for my E-Flite Pulse 25e so I placed an order on 9th May. Despite chasing them I have received nothing, apart from the initial confirmation . So today I started the paypal process to get my money back.

Very frustrating when they won't even talk to you. Yes, avoid them and be grateful paypal is good at refunds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apex have gone bust ie they are in Liquidation. Having said that, they wound by voluntarily (see company's house website). Perhaps they may resurrect themselves or the Liquidator has stock to sell.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04200150/filing-history

Edited By Tomtom39 on 02/08/2018 14:57:20