Subscription only

David Jermy

Come along David it's hardly unfair, you don't pay to use the forum or access the bulk of the site. No one makes you do it.

We just want our subscribers to feel valued, they've placed faith in us so why shouldn't we give them a little extra?

You'll expect me to say it of course but why not subscribe, there's always a generous offer/free gift, see this months issue.

When my copy arrives in the post, there is an A4 sheet with it that has my address on. It also has my subscription number on it. It (the paper, not the mag !)usually goes straight to the recycling bin - so I don't know what my subscription number is at the mo'.

But I will when the next copy arrives.

GG

Sorry you feel that way David. As David Ashby pointed out upthread, the subscriber content is intended as an extra for those who also subscribe to the magazine. There are absolutely no plans to leave our other members behind; we'll still be putting plenty of articles up for everybody to enjoy.

As for those who are having trouble locating their subscriber numbers, please email me with your details and I'll do my best to get it sorted out quickly for you. If you could make the subject line of your emails 'MF Subscription', that would be helpful.

i think items for subscribers only is totaly unfair as i have bought rcm&e every month from my local shop,which not only supports sales for your mag ,but also supports my local shop.
maybe who ever thought of this little idea,needs to recap for all the other people who buy monthly and support your mag.
i like to look at all the other mags as well as yours which is why i order from my local shop and not subscribe.

david says he wants to make subscribers feel valued,what about the subscribers like myself and many many more who subscribe to local newsagents to order your mag,you are now making us feeling under valued.
vince

Vincent, I guess in a way there's no answer to that, take your point of course.
If you buy the mag every month then, you must like it so why not just subscribe? But are you really saying that sometimes you buy the mag and sometimes you buy a competitor title?

Subsribers pay in advance, so you're not a subscriber at the moment I'm afraid but we do value all our readers. Subscribers effectively have a stake in the title, they have demonstrated their confidence in us and we feel they deserve a thank you, by giving a little extra.

I used to buy my mag through a newsagent. Delivered to my door when it arrived at theirs and all that. I also used to buy it religously over the counter supporting the existance of the local model shop. Every month without fail.
Neither of these would see me as a subsriber.
The argument about occassionally buying other mags is hollow David. That's just consumer rights. I think you're missing the trick. Out in the sticks, not all regular 'never missed an issue' readers are 'subscribers'.
It's like giving them a poke in the eye...

no david,like i said ,not only do i buy rcm&e every month,but i like to look at the others as well.by the reply you have given, obviously you don't seem to give a damn if you don't subscribe.this i find totaly wrong,with an attitude like this,when people read the response that you have given,alot of them will no doubt feel angry. myself i will not be buying rcm&e anymore,but stay with rc model world who don't have a two tier system..
i think with the narrow mind attitude you have displayed will show people that realy all rcm&e think about is the money first and long term followers second.
NICE ONE DAVID.

Jeez Vince, it aint that bad. I get where you're coming from, but RCME is a commercial enterprise and they offer benefits to those who pay. Simple. What you should be asking is whether you might qualify as a subsciber having proved to them that you regularly purchase the magazine.